Tuesday, January 15, 2008

first kiss.

So, I've already told you that its less than a month to my 6th anniversary, and I've already written about the first time we met andour first time. Hell, he was even the inspiration for the blog in its inception.

But I haven't talked about our first kiss, and the events surrounding it.

January 2002. I had decided, after the dissolvement of my previous relationship, that this year was Joy Year. This meant I was going to do whatever I wanted to make myself happy. This included sneaking an 11th grader I had a crush on into my house to make out and get high. it also meant developing absolutely no feelings for him after he went home in the middle of the night. But we had mutual friends and hung out frequently.

A day or two after this, Kesi and I and a group of friends were being photographed for the year book. We were thinking about buying a page for the poetry group we were in. We were laughing and chilling with the group, but also kind of flirting off to the side. I remember him leaning against a wall and me hugging him, and he was giving me a serious look. "What?" "man, if I didn't have a girlfriend..." I gave him the one eyebrow. Mmhmm... The seed we'd planted a year before was peeking its lil head out. (link to that story coming soon!)

Meanwhile, Mr Sneaky Hookup was trying to get me alone again. We and our friends would hang out after school, but I knew I wasn't that into him. How? I realized I didn't want to kiss him. And his ass was always talking! About some quasi intellectual bull! And saying his father was an Egyptian prince. Negro you live in the SWATS. Boo. Even around him, I was thinking, "I wonder what kesi's up to?" there was one particular Monday when I had really realized I didn't like like Mr SH, that I decided I was going to kiss Kesi. Muahahaha! I'd imagined in my head just walking up to him and planting a good one on him. I mean, I already told him we were gonna have kids together, what's a kiss?

The next day, as per usual, we were all having lunch: Kesi, me, chick named keshia, and dude named Pierre, among others. I was having a lunch "snack:" iced tea and granola bars. No wonder I was so small. He was sitting directly across from me, eating chicken fingers and fries (the lunch people RAN to the cafeteria for).

"Pierre! No one wants to kiss me!" I knew Pierre would know if Kesi was feeling me; they were homeys. And Pierre's a horny bastard, all deep voiced sax player, so judging by HIS reaction to this statement, I would know if I had a shot.

"what about Kesi? He'll kiss anything." real nice P.

Meanwhile Kesi was a cute lil deer in headlights. He'd barely had a fry in his mouth and already I was on him.

"so? You want to?" he gave me a shrug I now know to mean, "I want to, but I don't want to seem too eager." woo hoo!

I too, was trying not to seem eager, so I took pause to swish some tea around in my mouth to make sure I didn't breathe granola all over him, though I could feel my poor face heating up. "you ready?" I stood up, leaned across the table, and laid a quick smooch on his lips.

Oh my. For a kiss that that lasted .005sec, it was fan freaking tastic. He had nice, big soft lips. And of course there was this energy between us that left us both red faced, as keshia started out, in her generally loud way, "damn! People are trying to eat, and yall making out at the table!" which led the people who didn't witness it to ask about whether or not we were dating, and why did we kiss if we weren't? This lasted about 10 minutes, then things died down and we got back to our chicken and granola.

After lunch, we went our separate ways (though our classes were next door, and I wrote him a note telling him that I liked him. He wrote back saying he'd liked me for a long time. We made it official like a week later, and we've been joined at the lips ever since.

5 comments:

Jameil said...

LOL. that was too cute.

La said...

awww losers.

Most importantly, how is it that your mother thought I was a bad influence on YOU and not the other way around? lol

hahahah "egyptian prince". Yeah. Cuz all pharohs settle down in the SWATS lol

Anonymous said...

naw corrections... pierre played the trombone. and he didn't say " He'll kiss anything..." he just yelled "Alanson'll do it!" immediately after you said something about not being kissed. I was looking like "you, dirty muthafucka!!!!!... how did you know!!?!"

the joy said...

Jam- :)

La-i know! I was so bad! You on the other hand, had the same boyfriend the whole time, were involved in school, and had future plans. Its a mystery!

Kesi- ok, he plays the sax. And maybe you didn't hear him but he did say "he'll kiss anything." but he said it. I thought you guys talked about me...

Ms.Lady said...

that was sweet.
hope you guys enjoy your anniversary.
*sigh* i remember me & K.Ds 1st kiss...electrical.