Sunday, July 20, 2008

Score one for the kid.

I have to brag. About how 2 mistakes, the need for yellow shoes, and sneaking out of work got me the deal of the moment.

So I went to work today after going out drinking with breezy and another coworker, Mary Lou (that's just what I call her). I wasn't hung over, just tired. I called dibs on an early cut cuz I really needed lavender yarn for a baby blanket I am making and my walmart is closed by the time I'm home. Breezy called second cut.

Aaanyway, 6PM comes along and its still slow. Breezy says "man we should just go to the mall, I gotta get me some shades." ok. I got time. So we leave and head down to Lenox, leaving our coworkers in what may have been the beginning of a rush (don't feel bad for them, they're some slackers and it wasn't that busy), and I'm all set to spend my lil $10 off coupon from express and find some yellow pumps to go with my white and purple dress (the one I got for my grandma's party that never happened).

We head to express and they have "$20 off when you try on these jeans!" bitch! You want me to use this coupon, huh? At this point it would have been a total of $40 off because of the type of coupon. I try them on. They fit. Nicely. But they're $88 total. Now I got questions to answer. But I know I can find jeans on the sale rack that fit just as nice... I do. Lovely lil x2s. And a cute lil top too! Yay! So I head to the counter (did I mention breezy is GONE! He has no desire to see me waffle over pairs of jeans. I'm sure Kesi doesn't either, but shoot, its in his contract) and I realize... This thing I printed off the net isn't the coupon! Its a copy of my email! I was in kinkos, in a rush, I never did this before! "its ok. Lots of people do that. I got ya." thank you! "your total is 12.98." wha? The shirt and jeans were 20 each, and with the coupon I was only supposed to save 20. Even with their lil 30% off I still would have had to pay more than this because... I mean its math and its boring but it should have been more than 13, for sure. This is express! "oh yeah I think I used the wrong coupon... Oh well, its done now." I like this guy.

Meanwhile B is spending 50 on a shirt in Macy's. He doesn't know. Just being around me makes everythink cost less.

I didn't find any yellow heels though....

*Pic taken with my camera phone.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

12 comments:

Adei von K said...

YES!!! I LOVE this post!! a shirt AND JEANS from Express that cost less than $20 total???? niiiiiiiiice

Adei von K said...

you know i have to go now, right?

Rashan Jamal said...

yellow pumps to go with my white and purple dress

You trying to look like a Laker? LOL

Glad you came off on a deal.

Jameil said...

OK SWOON over that total!!

the joy said...

Adei- I know right? I'm sure ill be going back.

Rashan- only boys think lakers. Girls think ooh, coordinating colors! Breezy asked me the same question.

Jam- I'm still floating over it.

Southerner in Suomi said...

LMAO@ it's in Kesi contract.

Ok, I went to LSU and I'm not too big on the yellow pumps and purple and white dress

the joy said...

It is in his contract.

Hush now! I'm not gonna be walking around looking like some sort of mascot... It will be cute. Trust.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

y u call her a bitch LOL

my momma got a look, it says Bitch, have we lost these skills lol

Eb the Celeb said...

well i need to go shopping with you then...

GreatWhyte said...

I am in full support of yellow shoes. But a little iffy on the purple and white dress part... cal me doubting Thomas :(

Anonymous said...

I can't fit shyt in express except the dayum accessories LOL! Ok I can fit the shirts but their dayum jeans are a NO FUKIN GO! So thumbs up for that bargain you got! HATE-TING! lol!

the joy said...

Torrence- I didn't call anyone a bitch. I was using it as an exclamatory.

Eb- let's go!

X- thank you. And the dress is cute! You non-believers...
Durty- yeah I def have to wear a belt with the jeans. They either fit my butt or my waist. These fit my butt.