Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Don't call it a comeback

I been doing it... I just haven't been taking pix. But I really like this one. Its for a work friend. A gift for her new baby. I "started" it about a week ago, after taking apart what I had worked on for a few days because I didn't like it. That VERY same night I'm on fb and I see another work friend's status "congrats to [redacted] on your new baby girl!!!" damn it! The baby was a month or 2 early. But she was big, so...

If you can't tell, cuz camera phones aren't the best, its lavender, yellow and baby blue. La, the grey didn't look right. I didn't wanna do overly girly colors cuz I know how much that annoyed me as a child. But Walter Lee's having a girl and his chick's fave color is red so I'm gonna do various shades of red.

Am I boring you? I'm going all stream of consciousness about yarn colors, lol. Anyway my next plan is to be in the national black arts fest (or some other annual Atlanta fests) next year. Gotta get that business license though. 2009 is mine!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

7 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Do your thing, Joy!

Adei von K said...

you are AWESOME!! I can't believe you do names and all!! get it, Joy!!

sooooooooo commissioning you for my receiving blanket!!

Jazzy said...

awwww so cute!

go on miss thang!

Jameil said...

cool!!!!

GreatWhyte said...

Wow... You did that? In a WEEK?? You are ridiculously talented. So on some business ish- could I pay you to make something for me? Email me...

the joy said...

rah- thanks!!

adei- you better get to concieving!! i cant wait.

diva- thank you!

jam- :)

x- yeah after work and on my days off. id be glad to make you sumn. expect an email tonight.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

thats a great gift
u are a great friend