Sunday, February 01, 2009

My crazy dream

The other night I had a dream. I'll try to relay it as best I can:

I'm getting off the bus at a place where I'll meet Kesi to come pick me up from work (this is not usual. If I take the bus to a location for him to bring me home its usually his job. Never some random spot). Instead, a big Mexican pulls up and I get in. My brother and 2 others are in the back, I'm in the front. The Mexican chooses to take the others home first. I don't actually ever make it home, because he fell asleep or otherwise vanished. I text Kesi to tell him I'm ok.

Next thing I know I'm in a pool. Fully clothed. Around the pool is an audience, but not like gym rafters. Its more like I'm swimming in an orchestra pit because there's a stage too, and a woman is at a podium. The arena begins to fill and I see Gary Dourdan from CSI (I'd been watching the marathon earlier that day). He had what we like to call a Frederick Douglas hairdo. And it was grey too. I still find him charming and ask my cousin Alyse to take a picture of us together. For some reason she has no idea how to use a digital camera (though she's a semi-pro photog in reality) and she keeps holding it up to her face so the picture never has both of us in it. Its either half of him or half of me. I give up and take a seat in the arena front and center. A lady sitting next to me decides that my stuff is her stuff and she grabs my plastic bag and hands it off to some guy in the back row. I reach over some people, and the guy is playing keepaway with my stuff. So I now am standing over someone who is seated and have my chest and stomach in their face. Turns out its Akon. I don't even like Akon which may explain why I ignored him for my bag. Finally I get it and I start arguing with the lady, asking her why she stole my ish. She said I was tripping and it was her bag. I sat back down, next to her, and held the handles of the bag extra tight. Whatever event we were there for was about to start so it got quiet...

And then I woke up.

What the hell was that about? Lol. I had another weird dream during a nap Saturday but I can't remember it.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

strange indeed


happy black history month

rawdawgbuffalo

Jameil said...

I REALLY like the stolen stuff story. hilarious. hahahahaha. stop ignoring akon! he's a black hero!

Rashan Jamal said...

LOL @ the Frederick Douglass do. I won't even begin to analyze this dream!