Thursday, January 29, 2009

Can't take it for granted.

Its that time again.

One week from now is my anniversary!!! Wooo! So I'm just a big ball of mushitude. I keep looking at him and grinning or walking over and kissing or hugging him. When he's asleep I stare off at him and wonder what he's dreaming (speaking of, I'm thinking of blogging about the weirdest dream I've ever). This is usual but its more intense lately.

Its been 7 years. I met him 10 years ago April. We've been friends for so long. That's so much more important than anything because if we can't talk then what will we have? Anyways 7 years! I remember the day and the time. It was early evening and I almost stepped into traffic after kissing him at the crosswalk. But I swear I've told this story before.

"Did you think when we first started dating we'd still be together?" this is what he asked me last night. Of course I didn't. Not saying that he didn't seem like the type to go for the long run, its just that I hadn't even thought of summer vacation with him. Let alone 2009! We took things day by day, and still do. Of course we think about marriage and children and being old and toothless together, but as far as solid parameters go, we're just taking life as it comes. But he knows my ring size is 6, lol.

I hope that the people who I care about can have the love that I have with him. I never take it for granted. I see how people go through drama or get used or have been hurt and make it their mission to hurt others. And these things have happened to us and so we know how it feels. So we don't do it to each other. And I know that for myself, I thank God in quiet moments for what we have.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: