Saturday, February 14, 2009

Last weekend

Friday I went to work and after that the work peeps and I went out. Lemme just interject that I had maybe lost 10lbs, mostly weight from overeating at the holidays, but I was able to wear jeans that night I hadn't worn in almost a year! Comfortably at that. I felt really good.

We went to Lenny's, which is like the local talent's hang out. I use the word talent very firmly. We saw about 8 acts that night and I only didn't like 1 of them. They all had on outfits by whomever thought it was a good idea to put cows and milk cartons on lumberjack looking plaid shirts. And they rapped about how fly they were or sumn. Took the line from Duffle Bag Boys "walk into the gucci store, honey I'm home" and turned it into a sucky song. And it was so long! How many verses dudes?! Ugh!

Anyway, our friend Life the Great performed. My friend Sam manages him. Look him up cuz he's awesome. My song is "beep me," lol. And then there was Fionna Simone. She and her crazy band were great. My friend alesia and I actually took a moment to bang our heads.

Speaking of friends, my friend fatima was trying to get us all loaded. I paid for one drink but had about 5. Which is a lot for me. This is the same chick that had me sitting on the floor at a house party and almost falling out the door the last time we went to Lenny's. I am in no way a messy drunk but she's a trickster. Apparently we ran up a $160 tab between 5 of us. And with $5 drinks... You do the math, lol.

After we left lenny's, we went to MJQ. If you haven't been there its a literal cave. You go down the tunnel and there's a bar, then past that is a dance floor. On the other side of the bar there is a separate room with another dance floor and bar.

I hit the dance floor immediately because reggae was playing. Yes! Then they do this rock set that I'm glad to say I wasn't the only one who knew all the words. We were all jumping and spazzing out, except Breezy. He's not up on his rock.

We left the club and for some reason I decided to break out a few cartwheels. It doesn't help that they were egging me on.

Saturday was my birthday party. Fun! We went to joes again and everyone was on time or there by 930. Luckily I've been doing better with catching up with people, so I'd actually seen the people who showed up in the last year, unlike my 24th party where there were friends I hadn't seen in 6 years. Other than my pretty much being the last to eat (they were out of calamari, then my shrimp took foreva!) it was such a fun time. My brother attempted to smash cake in my face but only got a lil bit of frosting on my lip. Ha! Sucker! He also promised me a zune! Yes! That thing is awesome and holds 4x as much as my old player. I'm so excited! Hopefully I'll have it this coming week.

So now I'm officially 25. I'm feeling good about it. I'm making moves this year! Btw thanks for all the birthday love. You're the best!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Jameil said...

not bday cartwheels. lol. happy belated born day again!! cows and milk cartons on lumberjack looking plaid shirts? NO SIR!!

the joy said...

but it was so fun!!! girl them shirts were a mess x2. x3 actually, there were 3 of them.