Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Anniversary!

So this weekend was fun.

Thursday was Kesi and i's (kesi's and my?) anniversary. Woo! I got him to a block away from the venue before I told him where I was taking him: the king Tut exhibit! It was so wonderful. We saw all kinds of stuff. It took us through the history of pharoahs, their statues, how to read their names, etc. I was in awe of the fact that these people would do these things for honor and not recognition, and yet here we are looking at them in a museum. I mean, detailed. And this wasn't just one person. This was like, centuries worth of people making stuff for the pharoahs that sometimes were only in power for months. King Tut's tomb looked like a storage facility. There was like 600 items in there. I'd recommend that, if you're in atl, you go. Its a shame that stupid Napoleon ruined so many of them though.

After that we hung back at my job. At work they refer to him as the "invisible man" because every time we all do sumn he's at work. The economy aint right to be calling in sick so you can party, you know? So anyone who hasn't worked there more than 1.5 years hasn't met him. So I take him to my job and none of them were there! Boo! After that we head to quiznos so he can eat 2 freaking chicken footlongs. 2! I ate a 6 inch from subway. He took forever and I think we ended up leaving for Cirque du Soleil at like 715 for an 8 o'clock show. Of course Marta was acting up and the escalator was broke at the station and we almost missed the shuttle. So I was a lil anxious we wouldn't make it. But we did, with time to spare actually.

OMG Kooza was so awesome! I loved it. Kesi said if I hadn't given him an idea of the theme he wouldn't have gotten it just by watching. I agree. I knew that it was supposed to be "opening the eyes of The Innocent to his imagination," but he was hardly on stage so it didn't seem to really follow his adventure. Other than that? Amazing. They managed to do everything a 3 ring circus does, but in the round. No matter where you sat you got a great view of everything. I see the only advantage to sitting front and center is that those were the people they pulled onstage. And the odds of that happening is still like 75:1. Before the show the clowns roamed around the audience talking to the people. The one that came up to us was the "pickpocket" and he said "if you see the cops, you didn't see me." and Kesi said, "I understand." hilarious!

My favorite was easily the wheel of death. Easily. They were so crazy! I could have sworn one of them was gonna fly out into the audience. Foolish! The contortionists were equally amazing. Its probably the only thing I wish I could do in the circus. Again, I recommend that you go see this show. Gorgeous.

I'll tell you about the weekend tomorrow.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Adei von K said...

sounds like an awesome day!! pharoahs and kooza?! get it! congrats on 7 years!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

good for u folk glad u enjoyed