Saturday, January 10, 2009

*scream*

Ahhh!

There was this cartoon back when I was a preteen called "freakazoid" and one episode had this thing called "scream-o-vision" where in they tell you when to scream. This monotone voice comes up and says "scream" and everyone goes "ahhh!"

I'm hearing that guy in my head. All day. My job makes me wanna scream. I mean the building is nice, the guests are cool, the work is not taxing, but then you have "management." should be called "catalyst for your mental break."

Thursday. I come in at 1230 to do my advanced service training. Usually I don't have to be there til 3, but my district manager is a daytime kinda guy and he's usuallly headed home at 3. So I get there at 1230 and who's sitting with the DM? Breezy. Who's been there since 10, and should be long done with his training. By the way I finished my training workbook months ago. Literally. So the DM says, "breezy and I are running late, we should be done around 2." so I could have been still at home, catching a few minutes of my soaps? Yeah? Ok.

The rest of the day went somewhat smoothly. I finished about half of my certifications- this is the first step to becoming a supervisor- and DM said he'd be back Friday at 3 to resume and wrap things up. We'd had a convo about being in uniform for the training because I was actively working in a different dept that first day so I wasn't in Starbucks gear. So Friday I wore my uniform. He didn't show up because "something came up." cool. But no one bothered to TELL ME! Sigh. Wtf. My supervisor left and I had to call him at home to find out if the manager was even coming. What is wrong with you people? I am a stickler for notes and messages so it really bugs me when I can't get the same consideration. And I had no one to lash out on cuz el supervisor was at home!

So I'm here, today, in uniform, and if he's not here? I'm quiting. Ok, I won't quit, but I may scream.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Jazzy said...

inconsiderate people...hate them!!!! i mean really...what would it have taken for someone to pick up a gd phone and let you know? i feeeeeeeel your pain girl.

on another note...i can't believe you watch soaps!

Rashan Jamal said...

That's wack.. you should quit. Wait, you should get another job and then quit!

Jameil said...

messages are so crucial. i hope he was there. inconsiderate people are so garbage. oh yeah and david sedaris' book, when you are engulfed in flames. have you read it? another hilarity!!

the joy said...

Yeah... He didn't show up. Good reason though, but of course it pushed everything in my day to the left a lil.

Jam I read it when it first came out and I loved it!

Southerner in Suomi said...

That is all kinds of foolishness. Consistently running late and "things coming up" comes from bad planning.

Dude needs to get it together.