Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Clarification

My brother is being deployed on Sunday. To Iraq. He told me the specific city but I can't remember. Its for 6 months. I'm not sure what he'll be doing there, but I did ask. We were online and he didn't respond. Anyways I am trying not to feel anything about it, as weird as that sounds. Its possible for him to come back and be a functional member of this society, rather than the many other alternatives. Its only 6 months. He'll be back in time for our bus trip to CT, possibly. More on that later. I wonder if my dad even knows he's in the marines yet. My aunt saw him a couple of weeks ago and he looks horrible. Skinny. I don't know if you know my dad, lol, but he used to weigh the same as Kesi. Kesi is about 6 inches taller than him so 170lbs looks different on a shorter guy. Certainly not considered skinny. Anyways, so yeah, Iraq. And I'll be praying. Hard.

Kesi was in the dish pit at work and cut his hand on a knife. That's the simple version of the story and I dare not tell you the complicated version for litigous reasons. He's fine, but he can't wash his hair or drive and talk on the phone at the same time. Lol he has 4 stitches and has to go back to the doc today to check for an infection. And he has high blood pressure. I told him its because he eats 3 burgers at a time. And when I was eating that apple he told me he'd never bitten one before. He's so anti fruit. Gotta change that.

I'm on a "get right for my birthday" diet. No fries, no potatoes in general, no junk food. And what does my coworker, in all her sweetness, do? Homemade cookies. Chocolate chip. Some with nuts. I had a small one. I couldn't not. But then I ate an apple. See there? Lol. My birthday is exactly 6 weeks from new years day, and so I decided then to get right. I have to lose 10 more lbs. Shoot if Ruby can lose 100, I can lose 10 (does anyone else watch that show? Its awesome!

My homie Walter Lee said something about having a party at a club and going half on it with me- depends on the cost really- and so this is an option but he's gotta tell me before I decide to have one closer to my actual birthday. But the Saturday after my birthday is valentines day. Where I don't do Valentine's day some people do, and might wanna be with their boos or some ish. Then I thought I could have it on my birthday, a Thursday. Hmm. I would just do a dinner, like last year, so I'm still up in the air. What I do know is I better not have late friends like last year. Literally everyone was an hour late. When they got there it was fun but come on! A whole hour! I'll cut a heffa.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

6 comments:

mrs.tj said...

On the invites give your friends a 6pm time to be there and you show up at 7:30pm. LOL! That way everyone will be on time!

I probably should lose so weight but I love bacon too much!

the joy said...

i dont eat bacon anymore, at least not pork. turkey bacon, mmmm. knowing them they still wouldnt show up til 9.

Southerner in Suomi said...

TJ is right, that is the only way i can get my sister to be on time to a place that doesn't supply a paycheck

And no smothered pork chips?? Mayne!!

La said...

Is it wrong that I TOTALLY wanna be Ruby's new best friend? I love that show and watch it (and the reruns) religiously, lol

Rashan Jamal said...

I saw Ruby for the first time when Jam was here and made me watch bad tv. LOL

I hope your brother and your dad make it through life okay.

If I get an invite, I'll definitely be late. LOL

the joy said...

Diz- no maam. No smothered pork. Kinda makes me sick thinking of it. I love the pigs.

La- of course not. We can stalk her together.

Rah- are you calling ruby bad tv? Cuz it aint!

If you're late, you shall get no dinner.