Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hard working weekend

"do you have anything already made?"

I hadn't had time, until this very week, to crochet with lesiure. So when my friend asked me, of course my answer was no. But as things go, my mom had just got these huge needles from the "good" walmart. They're designed to make your projects take less time. The result is the attached picture. 5 scarfs, 2 hours each (as a comparison, a normal scarf would take me 4 hours), and an easy profit! And my friend doesn't seem like a jerk with his last minute gifts. Its a win win! Lol. And as an added bonus, it stirred up some orders from other friends. *does happy dance*
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

6 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

LOL @ the good walmart. I thought I was the only one that had that issue with subpar walmarts.

Good work, Joy!

Jameil said...

yay for joy!!!

the joy said...

Rashan- you. Certainly are not. When they said we were getting a walmart I was excited, but if I'm looking for a certain item sometimes I'll gladly go all the way to union city.

Jam- now I have to make sumn for you... Come on, you're like the only one!

Southerner in Suomi said...

Ok I'm jealous. I need to send you an order, especially since I have to go to DC in the middle of January.
Can you make me some long socks?

Jazzy said...

Why is the the "good" walmart better than the "bad" walmart?

the joy said...

Diz- I could make you some socks. Email me and we'll chat about it.

Diva- let's see. The good walmart is of course older, stays open 24 hrs and is always stocked with the stuff you need when you need it, especially craft items. The bad walmart has been around maybe 2 years if that, stays open til 12 and is a constant state of half-assed-ness. I don't even bother to look for yarn there.