Monday, November 24, 2008

Slacking

I just been slacking. I just have been doing other things rather than blogging. Especially since the ES left. Ugh! I will only be mentioning her in passing from now on, for she is no longer annoying me on a daily basis. If you don't include having me do her work... So when I went back to work, our food an bev manager kind of hinted at me getting a promotion. On the one hand I could do it, and I culd use the extra money and itd be a new experience, but on the other hand.... I hate working in there! You should have seen me the other day, just not in the mood. And on top of that, I'm really worried in about my holiday plans (I know, what a reason to turn down a job, right?) working in Starbucks means I can leave work at 10 or sometimes earlier but in the shop we close at eleven no matter what and I more than likely have to work new years eve. I hate, HATE traveling on that night. Usually I request the day off or to work earlier that day. I just don't know what to do. Bah. I haven't even been offered the job so...

I cooked last night. When I went to walmart last week something told me to check the organic section for my sushi rolls, and there they were! Yay! So I came home to make my lumpia for Kesi. If you were so inclined to make some its very easy. If you have a very hungry person around I'd advise the big pack of ground turkey and 2 packs of eggrolls (the white ones, not the seaweed). Then thinly dice celery, maybe one whole stalk, a quarter of an onion, and a carrot (I used baby carrots so I wouldn't have to peel them; about 5). Mix all that up by hand and so the ratio of meat to veggie is about 2:1. Then roll it up! The meat on each roll should be about the size of your pinkie. And here's something I forgot.... Eggs! I needed an eggwash to close the end of the roll but I forgot to get eggs. So I just had to hold them down in the pan. I wouldn't recommend this for deep frying. They cook pretty quick, and they had to be turned. They turned out so good! Kesi ate like 10. No lie. The small pack of turkey made about 20. But he was full! This, unbelievably, was only the 2nd time I've cooked for him in almost 7 years. But he loved it so I'm very happy. Its hard to compare to his mom who has been cooking (sometimes professionally) since she was 10. I don't cook very much at all. I know how, I just don't.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

shani-o said...

I haven't had lumpia in YEARS. I totally forgot they existed, which makes me mad, because I LOVE lumpia, lol. One of the benefits of going to school with filipinos.

I must make some immediately.

Jameil said...

2nd time in 7 years? kesi should trade you in. i cooked for rah 2xs in 2 days. idk how many total times i've cooked for him. I'M BETTER THAN YOU!! lol. i'm never down for a job that will up your annoyance factor. that's bad for biz. no matter the pay inc. it won't be worth it if you're miserable.