Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Amen obama plate

So, I was at work, bored, naturally, when a commercial I have seen many times came on. I'm sure you have seen it too. Work Sam and I were in a giggly mood, having already discussed that if we knew the new whitehouse chef we'd have him put a corner store candy counter somewhere in there and a "papi." what's a papi? The Latino guy frequently found in a north eastern state's bodega. He runs that joint but acts like he doesn't know what you're talking about half the time. My grandma used to have me buy "$3 of hard salami, sliced #2" from papi every other day. Then, of course, there's change leftover to buy as many sourpatch kids as possible.

Anyway, the commercial. The Obama Plate. Don't forget its close cousin, the Obama coin (in full color!). That shit is so tacky. I'm sorry if you want one. Cuz you are tacky. Bless your tacky lil heart, you probably have "china slippers" that you wear in public and don't match your outfit. Or you move your phone from your ear to your mouth when you're talking as if the microphone can't pick up sound from 6 inches away. If you do any of those things, this blog isn't for you anyway, so...

So Sam goes into how the man is saying "I never thought this day would come," and how that's code for, "I didn't want a negro on my plate, but it completes the set..."

Then there's a shot of him writing something in the office, looking at his plate, then nodding and smiling and going back to work. What the hell? Who is he writing to? Why is that tacky ass plate the highlight of his desk? He got 2 kids and the only photo on his desk is of Obama. On a plate. You tacky man. We imagined his letter: "dear makers of the Obama Plate: thank you for such an awesome product. It sets my workspace OFF! How else would I commemorate this historic and monumental event if not for you and your tableware? Do you make spoons?"

Did you are the kids staring at the plate on the coffee table? Its not a toy children! Go play outside! You're gonna break it! That Obama plate could be worth something in a few years! You all simply do not understand my disdain for this product. Why the hell, in this economy, would I buy a useless plate to hang up on the wall and look at?! I will be able to experience Obama every day if I turn on the news. Go ahead, try it! He's made 3 speeches this week and its only Wednesday. I'm working on an Obama blanket. It KEEPS YOU WARM. At least one day down the road when the Obama presidential dollar comes out I can spend that joint! (not the previously mentioned limited edition coin, but the dollar coin that will come out in a few years.) I just hate how these people are trying to validate such a wack item! If you want to show that you voted for him, buy a button. They're cheaper and his face is on them too.

And of course there's black people in the commercial. With their Obama plate on their bookshelf. Its not a willow plate! Are they going to write it into their wills and leave it to their children? I bet people are buying them for their grandparents. If anyone buys that for my grandma I will beat them.

Spend your 1995 on some food for the homeless or in need. I'm sure President Elect Obama would better appreciate that.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Jameil said...

this post has me in paroxysms of giggles! like SCREAMING with laughter! lololol. "Bless your tacky lil heart, you probably have "china slippers" that you wear in public and don't match your outfit." hahahahaha. i read much of it to rashan through the laughter. lolol. brava!

Eb the Celeb said...

lmao @ bless your tacky lil heart!