Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Non Barack news

I've been writing about nothing but the election for a while now. But other stuff has been happening too, right?

My manager told us that her stepdaughter and 2 of her friends went all "superbad" and made a book of cartoon penises. The kicker though, is that her older sister and my manager found it when the girls' grandmother was in town. She's Cuban. Upon seeing animal-themed wangs, she exclaimed, "ay dios mio! She's a freak!" And started crying. Of course my manager and the older sister started laughing like kids.

I met Jameil this weekend. We went to jalapeno Charlie's. Yum! Well at least 2 out of 3 was good. I don't know what exactly Rashan had, some kind of nachos, but he and Jameil loved it. She wasn't really feeling her fish tacos. I had mango shrimp and veggies. So good! I must go back and have more. *drool* so I think we had a good time. Good conversation, nice atmosphere, smiles and laughs. Kesi wasn't there though. He was probably still asleep. Oh yeah and Jam and Rah got lost. They ended up on Boulevard and Jameil said she knew she was in the hood because she saw 2 men boxing in a parkinglot. I told her Boulevard brings out my CT bourgie side. I start locking doors and turning my nose up. We took pix too, and I pray that Rashan deleted the one where I was making the most retarded face in history.

The last 4 days I worked were the most stupid. Firstly, tons of foreign guests who don't understand "what size?" is not an invitation to repeat what drink you want. I seriously have a pet peeve with people who visit a place and don't know the language. Especially if you're there for a conference. Double especially if you're a doctor. But they tipped well. I mean really well. I split my tips with the barista if they make the drink. So they usually end up with about a third of whatever I make. Well I have enough money for kesi's birthday dinner, so I know she broke good. Maybe they felt guilty for giving me a headache.

Speaking of my lovey boo's birthday, yes it was last week, but we're celebrating next Monday. Wwe Monday night raw, hotel downtown, a lovely dinner, and 2 days of not dealing with those people we live with, lol. John Cena may or may not be there because he got injured but I'm still gonna wear my shirt because I love him. So there, lol. I'm just really excited to excape a little.

Today I worked in banquets to get some extra dough. Banquet lunches are so dumb! You spend like an hour setting up a table to a tee, then a guest may or may not sit at that table or place, and if they don't you can't recycle the tea/water/silverwear that you placed and no one used, no. That needs to be recleaned or dumped. So you may have a table no one sat at but that stuff is considered dirty and your work is naught. Not only that but you have to carry that ish on a tray, and I broke some glasses today. Oops. Only like 6, but... Yeah. I just woke up from supernap. Doing it again tomorrow.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

You think we had a good time? LOL We'll have to do it again when Jam comes back, this time with drinks.

For the record, I got lost. Jam didn't. I better put that there before she does. I always get lost downtown. I pulled a La and deleted that picture for you. LOL

LOL @ breaking "only" 6 glasses and "ay dios mio! She's a freak!"

Kingsmomma said...

I could only imagine the strict catholic woman finding the penises. LMAO

I commend you> I for oe can't put up with the constant miscommunications, but i guess I'll get used to it for the money.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

sounds like u feel relieved. and let me know how i can get some of thet banquet loot

La said...

Can I come work a banquet or 2? lol


Lmfao @ "pulled a La" HA!

the joy said...

Rashan- yeah, Jameil won't be back until 2010. It took her forever to get here! Lol. Thanks for deleting that pic. I mean, its probably the most "Joy" pic you can get, but I looked insane! 6 is not that many! I had 50 sets with 3 cups and glasses, so that's like, 4 percent.

Jasmine- hi! She probably threw holy water at the poor chile. Yes the money is well worth it. Worth the crazy backache I have right now.

Torrance- lol banquet loot is not a game.

La- can you carry a tray full of half full glasses? Well come on! Yes you're a catchphrase! Like "pulling a homer!"