Saturday, November 15, 2008

Crow-shay

Those french. They can't just spell the stuff the way they'd like you to say it huh? Maybe that's why french is not as easily retained as Spanish. I remember very little from my 2 years of French, despite the fact that it was during a stress free period in my life- when I was 10. "oh Joy, that was 15 years ago!" you say. But Kesi took french in high school and barely remembers anything past hello. And La WENT to France! Don't even get me started. Meanwhile I can hold a convo in Spanish with the men of the International Poultry Convention with only a few sintax errors.

But that's not what this post is about. I got off on such a tangent! Its about crochet! Yay! Don't worry, I won't bore you. Firstly, I've been working very hard on a number of projects. But of course I don't like to display them until it gets in the hands of its intended. So you'll see them soon enough. My mom got me some patterns and I noticed something very disturbing. I've been undercharging. The pattern called for baby sizes to be a lil over 2 feet. Meanwhile I've been doing 3.5. And the adult size was closer to my baby size! Which leads me to think I know some big babies. Lol. Anyways I may have to reconfigure some stuff so I'm working smart, not hard. So those that have a blanket from me got a good deal. I don't think I'll be trimming my sizes too much, but I've gotta think about it.

There's one pattern I'm doing for free (for a baby gift) that is so time consuming! I worked for 7 hours the other day and got 1/4th done! Yeah, that baby will be able to walk before I'm done, lol. I'm debating taking it with me on my mini vacay just because Kesi sleeps later than I do. We'll see.

My mom wants me to make her a strawberry shortcake applique. I have no doubt I can do it, but here's the problem: its free! I'm not getting anything out of the deal. Its a gift for a coworker. But she keeps bugging me about it (and a snoopy) while I'm working on something I'm getting paid for. Don't be making promises on my name. Also, she's been "borrowing" my yarn. If you haven't been to my crochet site (and why haven't you?!?!)(annalula.blogspot.com) the heading photo is a big bin I have at the foot of my bed with skeins of yarn in it. At least once a week she comes down asking if I have any of xyz color. Yes, I do. For ME! Ima start charging her. Because I have to go replace them. *shakes fist* You feel some kinda way about saying no to your mom, right? She raised you and all that, and you can't give her a $2 skein of yarn? Adversely, the economy is rough and I can't be heading to walmart all willy nilly. Especially when people find out you're going and ask you for stuff they really don't need, like ice cream, and then there's expensive yet kosher digiorno garlic bread pizzas in the freezer section and you know you should maybe buy some turkey bacon just to offset that, or some romaine lettuce and carrots.... See?! I choose to avoid that scenario altogether. You can't have my yarn.

If anyone is looking for something to buy me for Christmas, a holiday I don't really celebrate with gifts anyway, so don't be upset when I don't buy you sometug back, or if you're interested in being my unofficial sponsor, there's a huge set of needles at walmart that I kinda need. They range from super tiny to really big, and I think they even come with a case! Need! Either that or some roller skates, lol.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

I don't remember much french from my 3 years in high school and 1 year in college, but then again, I'm old. LOL

Good reason to live alone.. people don't add to your grocery lists.

Adei von K said...

we are here about the "no to mom". i just want to YELL, "NO!!!!!"


but i can't. she was in labor for 29 hours with me. and then raised me and all that, free of charge. what's feeding the dogs going to cost me eventhoughijust gotoffofworkandyou'vebeenchillinathomeallday...

*deepbreath*

you hit a vein

Jazzy said...

I don't like saying no either, which is why I lie instead. Yarn in what color? Nah...I used that all up the other day! lol

the joy said...

Rashan- yeah you are old.

Adei- I know you'd feel me.

Diva- I mean, its a big bin. I can only lie so much.