Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New new

In case you hadn't peeped it, I put up 2 new pix on Anna Lula. I can't link them, but the site is listed in my links down on the left. One of them was shipped to X factor last week and I'm so glad she loves it. We had an adventure with special order wool yarn and color choosing, lol. It was a bonding experience.

The other was for my coworker's brand new grand daughter, and he rolled around the corner right in time with that lil announcement photo. "you know I make baby blankets right?" We were on the phone with his daughter in minutes talking colors.

I got another I'm finishing for my friend Reka. Look for it at the Howard Homecoming - I'll be there in spirit. The pix will be up as soon as she gets it.

In other news, I finally got some privacy. A Lil shade to cover the doorway to my bedroom. Its not a door but it'll keep people from peeking in to see what I'm doing as they do their laundry. Dammit. Kesi and I had quite the time trying to put it up last night seeing how I don't actually have a door frame per se. He had on shades to keep the dust from my ceiling tiles from falling in his eyes and I had to stand on my extra cushy ottoman so I could reach the ceiling and hold up the blinds. I'm so short. Anyways after realizing we needed a drill, then finding a drill and realizing we didn't have an extension cord or a bore bit, then hammering nails into the spots and pulling the nails out and driving the proper screws in instead of drilling, we got the damn thing up. And now I have to sweep. That's what a $5 walmart shade gets you.

Tomorrow I'm going to a show at Lenny's at 5 points. I'll be sure to take tons of pictures!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Adei von K said...

hey, what's $5 for some privacy?? lol

i am so excited about your new biz!! I have to holla at you about a hannukah present!

Rashan Jamal said...

LOL @ you guys nigga-rigging the shade. That sounded like me trying to put something together. Except I woulda got frustrated and left it half hanging.

Jameil said...

glad you got some privacy! it's so essential. did you not have a door before?? i'm so perplexed! showin off that talent! get it girl!

the joy said...

Adei- I could throw a lil menorah on that joint, lol.

Rashan- we worked hard for that shade, lol. Then my brother just pushed it aside.. Lame-o.

Jam- my bedroom is the basement, and so no I never had a door. Then my moms ex put a wall up to separate it into a bedroom and a den, yet still, no door. So now we got a shade. I'm retro.