Thursday, September 18, 2008

13 things I'm looking forward to

Before the end of the year.

1 metallica and deftones and kanye cds!

Before I was allowed to go to concerts metallica played the family values tour. But their lead singer James injured himself and couldn't play the Atlanta stop and so kid rock and the lead singers from korn and limp bizkit sang in his place. Do you know how much I would have loved to be there? Ugh! Anyways, I really like funky, hard, heavy rock music with really powerful lead singers and sick drummers. And these bands both have them. And they're putting out albums before the end of the year. Actually metallica is #1 this week. And so I need to make arrangements to hit the target. And kanye. Love Lockdown. Awesome song. And there's rumors his next CD will be out before Christmas! Yay!

2 Kesi's birthday.

We're 3 months apart, so I can see how he handles being 25 before I go through it, lol. And I've already got the celebration planned out. I'm that excited.

3 RAW

We're going to see WWE RAW for Kesi's birthday (a few weeks after his birthday actually) and I can't wait! Its gonna be so fun! Remember I'm going to dress like John Cena.

4 50% off associate discount

Usually during the slow period my hotel chain will let associates stay in rooms for free for a certain number of nights, to encourage travel. This year they're doing 50% off, which is actually better, because I don't really leave town much. So now I can stay in a hotel for cheaper! Huzzah!

5 breezy's Halloween party.

Tentatively its at this 4H cabin halfway between his house and mine. Its the perfect kind of creepy (I've been to a party there before and I remember saying that Jason was gonna jump out of the woods and kill us) and its gonna be so fun! And I get to be what I wanted to be last year.... Lol.

6 the election!

Its less than 2 months away and I'm looking forward to how this will play out. I have what they call "hope." its apparently contagious. And I'm praying and acting. I really want Barack to win!

7 friendaversary

October 22 is the friendaversary. Celebrating 72 years of friendship. I don't know what tops a tattoo as a gift, but we'll work on it.

8 new years

For obvious reasons. i don't know what I'm doing that night but I'll be out of work crazy early and partying it up!

9 the Christmas party

I love the work Christmas parties. I decided I'm going to wear red and black again. And hopefully a CERTAIN young man will come with me so I won't get hit on by that guy from events. Ew.

10 killer mike and crew at CW

Next Thursday! Mike, niko villamor, priceless and oh... Someone else, I cant remember them all. I'm so ready. The show is only $15. Yesss!

11 Kesi's cousin's wedding.

Its in saint Louis. I loves the weddings. And I love his family too. And besides the fact that its a strange mix of city and country, I love saint Louis too.

12 indecision 08 coverage

I love the daily show and colbert and no matter what happens that night I know I'll be laughing at them.

13 my brother's birthday.

He'll be 20! No longer a teen! Maybe more responsible! Pointing out your sister's oldness because she remembered the day you were born! Lol.

What are you looking forward to?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

I'm looking forward to November 25th!!! My Birthday!! Maybe I'll get some presents this year.

Does Metallica still rock? I haven't paid too much attention, but I seem to remember some more mellow stuff from them.

I want a Halloween party!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

xmas party already lol
have a great weekend jones

Jameil said...

i'm looking forward to election and new year's too. also collecting my straight 'As, meeting more black folk, eating some good food, having a successful 1st semester outside of the As. i can do it!!!

La said...

Wtf DOES top a tattoo? Like a car? You get a car! You get a car! lol

Um... does 50% associate discounts include people who really like the associate? lol

the joy said...

Rashan- Wooo! You'll be old too! Yes metallica still rocks hard! Look up "the day that never comes." that's the new single.

Jam- *grabs my pom poms* gimme an a! Gimme an a! How bout one more a?! What's that spell? "graduate degree!"

La- a car?! Now I gotta work on that license. Yes I think you get the 50% off.