Tuesday, September 02, 2008

And I'm back!

Quick rundown of the long weekend:

I tired and I lost my voice on Friday. I've been hearing that I sound like a man since then. My voice is so gone I can't sing Toni braxton. Yeah.

There's a pic of me resting on the shelf at work. I was just so tired!

Kesi came by and surprised me at work. It was so sweet of him! Brightened my day.

This guy led me to believe he was Frank Miller, the animator of 300 and Sin City. His name was actually Frank Miller, and so when I asked him if he was THE Frank Miller, he kept going "shh, shh," like "I don't want people to know its me." so then I googled him and he looks nothing like the guy. Nothing. He came back and I was gnna call him out but I was too tired so I just gave him an evil look.

I made lots of tips. But I overdrew my acct.

My friend Hotel Sam (as opposed to Ruby Sam, who works with Kesi) saw Danity Kane from backstage Saturday night. You know I was outdone right? She knows another of my highschool friends, Larry, who of course is cool with Dwoods, and they got back there. Meanwhile I was washing a million dishes. I was so over her! But hanging out with her last night I can see why people love her so much. She's literally crazy.

I got a Barack magnet. He's posed like Rosie the rivetter and it says "yes we can!"

Some costumes were awesome, some were wack to the nth degree. I have pix. You'll see them thurs.

I left work at 230 Saturday night. I spent 1.5 hrs washing dishes. That's how much crap we used. And the other closers left me and Breezy. Wackery.

I touched a drag queen's boob @3am outside a bar. I could tell the difference. But they were very well done.

Green card has trouble with American names. She spelled Robin "raban," Justin "jastan," Stephanie "stapny," Rayne "ran" and the list goes on. It was hilarious calling those drinks. Who? What?

Went to a local hip hop artist showcase last night. It was pretty awesome, but some acts were hurting my heart. I'd definitely check out Yellowwolf and Life the Great cuz I dig them, lol.

My ex supervisor came back to "help" for the busy weekend. She was barely around. Then she complained that this was her weekend off for her new job so she only got one day off. Honestly she was getting paid to do nothing, so she coulda kept her ass home.

My girl Mary Lou and I worked cold bar. Industrial buckets of frapp mix and mocha. I'm talking straight jugs. We slaved man. but we also danced and sang while mixing drinks. At one point a hotel employee tried to break the line and get some free stuff while Mary and I were singing John Legend. We had to tell him to "take it slow, oh oh...." we had the whole room cracking up.

**I'll be back with a real post later today. I haven't seen Kesi since Friday and we need some qt. Also some things need illustration. Holla!**
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Adei von K said...

i'm mad at faux frank miller. those are two of my fave movies and he's over here posing?

actually, he didn't really lie to you...