Thursday, August 28, 2008

13 things I did this weekend

1 got dissed by my brother via text.

Every Friday night I go to Kesi's job, which is also his and my brothers' jobs. So when on the way my bro texts me saying he has a question. It was strange because he was at one point sitting next to me but we were in public and we still texted rather than talked. Anyway, I said "I hope you don't date any of my friends," and he said, "oh no. I have an age limit." what?! We're less than 5 years apart! Its not so far fetched! Buster. Age limit...

2 took pics of same brother with underwear on his head.

So apparently grown ass, dad-aged men think its ok to give college students (one of the chicks that works at their job) Victoria secret underwear. Uh, no. So while we're all lamenting this situation, my brother decides they'd go great as a hat. And since I had my camera in my hand... And now they're on facebook. I'm pretty sure that's what he wanted anyway, lol.

3 got into a thing with Kesi

Without rehashing the events, I'll say apparently I had a tude, I was tired, he was tired, things need to be addressed in a timely fashion, I'm a details person, etc. It ended in my crying because it was 430 and I just wanted to go to sleep but I knew I couldn't until it was resolved. And I was already losing my voice because after my bro put draws on his head at his job, we went outside and acted a whole other kind of fool, reenacting Olympic gymnastics and ish in the drizzle. So I was crying and whispering and just a total mess.

4 checked into a hotel just to go swimming.

During Fay's cloudy Saturday. Damn her! Its Wednesday and its still rainy. Anyway the boys and I went swimming, searched for pennies on the floor of the pool, did backflips, and avoided the outdoor portion of the pool at ALL costs. All. It was freezing out there! We took pix too, although Kesi has all those. I tried to teach them how to float like I did with La, but I don't know what went wrong. They have heavy upper bodies, lol.

5 saw my friend Carla.

We went to hs together! She came by to hang and show off her still teeny body in a cute swim suit that she got for free. Hate! Kesi's brothers kept calling her Maxine Shaw. She really looked like her too, down to the styled dreds.

6 had a hot tub argument

The N family believes hot tubs are "people stew" my brother, Carla and I jumped in anyways, because we say its good for your pores and stuff. They weren't buying it. But it sure felt good. Until we thought we'd jump back in the cold pool... That wasn't the brightest idea, nerve-ending-wise. But I saw on the travel channel that going from a steam to the cold is actually good for you. It just doesn't feel good.

7 found the car battery dead

After a shower and change, we went to eat. When Carla and I pulled up to Kesi's new Yorker, the boys were still standing outside the car. "I left the lights on." argh! So we all piled into Carla's tiny car. I'm talking, like a tercel.

8 ate at Joe's

This is the same place I went on my birthday. Did I mention it was walking distance from the cars? But there's a big fence around the hotel property. So we had to drive even though I was so hungry that if I'd brought sneakers I would have jumped the fence. I had the same thing I had last time, and so did my brother and I think Kesi too. We're boring, lol. But their shrimp it STILL bangin.

9 spent the night at the hotel

With Kesi. And my brother. Fun...

10 woke up too early

Kesi's mother gave the car a jump. But since everyone had to work except me, we had to be up at 7am! Wtf!? On top of that, the battery didn't take the jump, it was drizzling, and I still had on flip flops. I was so full of hatred, lol. Not toward anyone, just against the time of day. When we got home around 9, I couldn't sleep. Irony.

11 tried to study

There's this big management training book I've been trying to crack for a week. Its not complicated, just EXTREMELY boring. And the Olympics were on... And then I fell asleep.

12 avoided my voice mail

My dad called my brother and I on Saturday. I had heard my brother's message, wherein my dad said (and meant) everything we wanted to hear: he's an idiot, he missed us, he's sorry. And I KNEW there was a similar message on my phone, so I didn't check it. Until Tuesday. La said I was "choosing the conditions under which I am miserable." sigh. I texted him because this is a very busy work week and I know that if I call him I'll get all teary and it won't be a quick conversation. I decided not to be a jerk and be silent just because that's what he did.

13 talked to Sallie Mae

They were actually nice considering I've been avoiding them since God knows when. Hopefully I'll be in a good place to finally finish school (I know you've heard that one before) and then I won't have to worry about them til next year. Let us pray.


*btw I'm pretty sure I won't be posting this weekend, as it is Dragon Con and I'll be either working or sleeping. But I'll be back Monday with pictures and recaps of the crazy. And money! But no money for you.*
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

8 comments:

shani-o said...

You do realize "this weekend" is actually the one coming up, not the one that ended a week ago...?

;-)

(I'm just jealous.)

Glad you're posting. Your brother sounds like more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Jameil said...

good gracious! that's a lot of stuff!! work it up this weekend and make that money honey but don't let that money make you. wise words from diamond from the players club.

Adei von K said...

what makes going from a hot tub to a pool good for you?

La said...

no money for me? :-(

Southerner in Suomi said...

ditto@ jam with all this stuff.

Make that money girl. I apparently will be too, but I'll be on call to come in cover crazy ass Gustav.

the joy said...

Shani- whatever! I wrote it Monday. My brother is a barrel d monkeys.

Jam- lol I already told this woman I'd pretend to be pregnant to get more tips...

Adei- I don't remember... I was watching Andrew zimmern and he said its a swiss thing.

La- lil money for you, lol.

Diz- yeah, ima need you to evac with everyone else.

Rashan Jamal said...

Have fun with the weirdo's this weekend. If you dress up like Xena The Warrior Princess you may get more tips. LOL

Not cool with the old dude giving drawers to co workers.

You know if you pretend to be a guest, you can swim for free.

Try some new food. You might like it.

the joy said...

Ooh Rashan! You got some nerve calling someone a freak. You're a bigger buffy fan than me! You know you wanna come down and have some fun. I better not see you in a costume!

I could pretend to be a guest, but I could also lose my job. I'm legit all day with them, lol.