Monday, August 11, 2008

Half-aversary

Last Tuesday, August 5, marked 6.5 years for Kesi and I. Back at years 1&2 we'd celebrate it, but by the time you reach 3 or 4, a semiannual love celebration gets to be costly and exuberant. But this year ECW and smackdown was coming to the Philips arena, and it happened to fall on our "half-aversary." I actually like wrestling, and besides, I can watch any sport live, so we were in there like swimwear. (what does that mean? People say it and it makes no sense!)

After the pork fiasco (double bubble has pork in it?!?) and the subsequent depressing grocery trip, Kesi got dressed and we got going. He wore the rocawear thermal(!) I got him for his birthday last year, and I wore my new express shirt over a fuschia tanktop, and matching fuschia pumas. We had quite a moment removing all our knives from our pockets and stuff before we got on Marta.

We ate at the CNN ctr, somewhere we hadn't been in about a year. Arby's turkey sandwiches and frappuccinos for lunch. Mmmm... We're a simple folk. This is when the "obama is a celebrity" ad first came up so I had to see McCain's face on the big screen. Ew!!! Lol. We enter the venue and make good on our promise to get our friend Sam a souvenir. She got an undertaker shirt; Kesi, one with HHHs hella expensive design on it; me, one with an old school Nintendo cartridge cartoon of John Cena on it. Swoon! If you have no idea who that is, I invite you to google. Don't worry, I'll wait............................

done? Yeah. Right? He used to "rap" back in the day, but thank God he stopped that. He's on RAW, but that's ok cuz we're going to see that in November, and I'm gonna dress like him. Crazy? What's your point?

Anyway so we get to the entry and Kesi CANNOT. FIND. HIS. TICKET. Do you know how annoyed I was? I wanted to scream. See, he keeps everything in his pocket, receipts from weeks ago, a letter I wrote him years ago, crumpled money, thousands of pens (but no paper), etc. So how did you lose your ticket? We retrace our steps and by the time I get to the door we came into I realize the floor is SPOTLESS. There's people sweeping everywhere. Everywhere. I ask the janitor how long he's been there. "a few minutes." so even if the ticket was swept up, he didn't do it. I meet back up with Kesi; he dropped the ticket when he reached in his pocket to get his wallet to pay for our tee shirts and it was still sitting on the floor. Whew!

We head to our seats, which leads to us bypassing the "club." I hear someone say something about a hennessey and coke. Ooh, yeah. Lol. Ironically, there's a less crowded tee shirt kiosk right there. Bitch! Come on!

The show was great. The undertaker wasn't there Rashan, but we've seen him before so its all good. I'd have to say my favorite parts were Jeff Hardy and his crazy acrobatic ass, and HHH running edge out of the stadium and then staying for about 15 minutes shaking kids' hands. It was really sweet of him.

On the way back we sat on a hot ass train for about a half hour. Or should I say stood.... There were no seats, naturally. Apparently some woman decided to jump in front of a train, which held up like 3 trains full of hot, tired, whiny people. One thing I can't stand is people who complain to people who can't do anything about it. This soman said about 6 times, "I can't miss my bus, I don't have cab fare!" well we're all on this train and I can assure you no one's giving you cab fare, so hush.

Eventually things got moving, and we got to the crib without losing our minds. It was a great day altogether and we had a lot of fun.

Maybe tomorrow I'll write about how I'm halfway to age 25.... And what that all means to me.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

7 comments:

La said...

it means having your swimwear up your ass.


And I don't wanna talk about 25.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

hats off to the celebration

Jameil said...

you stace and the 1/2ways. Lawd amercy. We had quite a moment removing all our knives from our pockets and stuff before we got on Marta???????? dead! lolol. when i 1st saw Cena a few years ago I was like WHO IS THAT?!?! i'm over my puffed up white boy phase. i like live sports but i'ma pass on the wrasslin.

Southerner in Suomi said...

People who complain out loud. Over and over. And over. Make me want to kick them in the face!!

A woman jumped in front of the train? WTH?

the joy said...

La- my swimwear does not go "in there." me neither. I was kinda sad today.
Torrence- thanks

Jam- well we did! I had a wine opener in my purse too for some reason. I love John cena. He makes me happy. What's wrong with the halves? Its like high school with the 2 week anniversary and such!

Diz- I so wanted to punch her. The lady jumped on the tracks cuz she's crazy. But she's alive, so she achieved wasting my time.

the joy said...

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/17105473/detail.html

Actually she may have fallen. Moral of the story is it was inconvenient.

Rashan Jamal said...

I went to a Prince concert at the Phillips once and lost my ticket. I had to run all the way back to the car which was parked somewhere in Africa and back. Since then, I be obsessively checking for tickets whenever I go somewhere.

WWE is really good live. I don't really watch anymore except for Wrestlemania with my brother every year. It's our brother bonding time.