Saturday, August 09, 2008

"He's a douche"

So, yall know I love you right? I've been contemplating whether or not to tell this story, simply because its about a very relevant person in today's society. Especially for the black peoples. But I decided to share, and I'll give you a few hints as to who I'm talking about.

*he has the same initials as me.
*his son recently publicly chided him on something he said about one of my favorite men.
*he is a celebrated orator and tends to rhyme in his speeches.
*he does not speak for me.

Got it? Let's go.

So apparently this man, let's call him Folk cuz I can't think of anything clever to call him, was in the hotel to do a speech for the pentecostal group we had in house (woo Jesus save your people, cuz they's a mess) and he decided to stop in the 'bucks. In the store was my girl Mary Lou, this fat chick I don't like, and the girl who I mentioned before whose pinkie toes stick out of her shoes. He walks in, they say good morning and say generally complementary things to this man who is considered a legend among (some) black people. I already told yall he don't speak for me.

So anyway, he says "where's the oj," and keeps it moving. No hi, no thank you, no "keep hope alive!" nothin. Except "where's the orange juice?"

So Mary Lou, who is in no way known for holding her tongue, says, "you can't speak?" I'm sure she wanted to add "reggin" at the end of that, but she was at work, and plus that word has been funeralized and whatnot.

And Folk gets slightly indignant, pauses, and then realizes he was being rude. "I'm sorry, I have a speech today." then he proceeds to give them dap. Mary Lou and fat chick dap him up, side-eyeing but accepting, but Ms pinkie toes (that's so gonna be her nickname!) looks him up and down and proceeds to WALK the FUCK OFF. Just took her partially exposed feet and left Folk hangin. I would give anything to have actually been there at that moment. I would have woken up early to see it.

I never would have pegged her as the type to be so gangsta. I have wished GW would walk into our store just so I could do to him what she did to Folk. Left him with the absolute tight face. When I asked her why she did it, her reply was simple: "he's a douche."

Given his recent actions, I'd have to agree. He's not the man I heard he was in the 80s.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

8 comments:

(vixenchick) said...

OMG that's mad funny.
Are homegirls toes really like that?

Southerner in Suomi said...

Ahahahahahaha!! He deserved that ish. Maybe it knocked him down a few notches.

Unknown said...

I'd have had the salty face if I was him... what else can you do but take something like that on the chin?

the joy said...

vixen- oh yes. i'll see if i can take a pic, lol.

diz- that'll teach him some manners! i figure, if youre on vocal rest, you could at least smile and wave. if youre not a morning person, you shouldnt be in public that early. no excuse.

canon- i would have too, but then again i would have at least said hi...

Rashan Jamal said...

LOL @ he's a douche. I think he is just so not relevant anymore and its killing him. He could learn a few things about being gracious.

La said...

LOL! That is SO what I would do to a Pimp Named Slickback, lol

the joy said...

Rashan- you are so right. He's just not relevant. Its like he's from a 80s TV show and seeing him in person is like a novelty.

La- "a Pimp named Slickback." hilarious.

Jameil said...

dead at tight face! and what she did!! HILARITY!! Also love i can't speak. you having a speech is NOT an excuse. ugh.