Friday, August 01, 2008

Brain ache

So Thursday evening, I'm sitting at home, watching TV and crocheting. I get a picture msg from Barbie. We haven't talked in a few weeks, which is normal, and I'm in a good mood, so I respond with a rousing "lol"....

Barbie: I know, I'm a funny guy! Me: lmao "funny guy". How's things?
Barbie: fine. You?
Me: workin on a big project. I'm excited!
Barbie: really? What kind?
Me: Oh I'm making a blanket. But she shipped me yarn to use and everything.
Barbie: Oh cool. Make me one! J/K
Me: lol I would, but I don't think the hubby would lay under it.
Barbie: oh Barbie's at work. This is the hubby.

*Wha?!?! I haven't talked to this guy in 6 years! And now we're being cordial via text? My head is about to explode.... But I must remain calm.*

Me: Oh. Did not know that. I thought Kelly was being silly when she said "funny guy." so you haven't seen any of my blankets. They're mostly baby stuff...
Ken: sorry. Thought you knew it was me. [how would I have known? This is text msg!]
Me: nope. Didn't figure you'd wanna talk to me tho...
Ken: Y not? I still consider u an old friend. [what? When did this happen?]
Me: That's good. I told you before that the worst thing about us breaking up was losing a friend. But we haven't talked in 6 years, so...
Ken: I just didn't want Barbie to get the wrong idea. You know how she can be. [her!?! This dude was jealous of my love for dmx.]
Me: I know how both of you can be. But you two are married and I'm in a committed relationship so there should be no worry.

And so it went. We... Chatted. Nothing heavy, despite my internal monolouge. Mostly about music and concerts and our brothers. And of course, Kesi. Am I crazy? Because I wanted to scream, "why do you think I ruined your life? Or that I cheated on you? You can't just sneak up on me like this!" but I didn't. I was nice. Cuz I'm a nice person. Or a fool. But I don't trust this further than I can throw it. I can't be won easily.

Of course I told Kesi and he didn't like it. I can understand that. He's concerned that my niceness might be taken advantage of. But I doubt things will get that far. I honestly think he'll get one more voluntary conversation out of me where I may get to say all these things I've wanted to say, just because if I don't I'll regret it. I don't know how I can be sure its him on the other side, but fuck it. This is about my catharsis. If I have to stop talking to both of them for the sake of my own sanity and the sanctity of my relationship, then so be it.

I honestly can't imagine a friendship with this man. It would take a lot. And I'm not willing to go there. Its not worth fighting for.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

7 comments:

shani-o said...

yeah, girl. wow. and why was he on her phone?

The thing about 'becoming friends' with someone you know, but aren't already friends with is this: why? You're not friends for a reason, and not everyone you have a history with needs to be in your life. If people understood this, life would be a whole lot simpler. But you get it.

And get what you need to say off your chest, and then KIM.

*shani's wisdom for the day*

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

all i can say to barbie and ken is that a woman told me i had a ken body - i know off subject

Jameil said...

it's really not. Thought you knew it was me? dummy. they should both kick rocks. *looking up* face. ugh. shut up!!

La said...

I veto any and all manner of friendship in any form. Unacceptable.

Dopelikelouboutins said...

Wow, that's kinda weird. I remember my best friend had a professor who had a son that got her number and one day they were texting and he finally says oh this is his father...just weird.

the joy said...

Shani- girl, I do not know. But you're so right. At this point in my life, I'm rafiki and its in the past.

Torrence- isn't it always? Did you even read what I wrote?

Jam- I shoulda listened to you from jump.

La- don't be using my son's name in vain! Lol.

Diamonds- Ooh that's even creepier! What is wrong with men?

Adei von K said...

hmmmm, i don't like him being on her phone in the 1st place. you already know the deal; keep him at arms length.