Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shop and shine

At 1030, Kesi woke me up and told me to get dressed. He was headed to work, and I was headed shopping! Woo woo! We left the house at about 1120am and went to the chikfila in the center where he works. I could eat chicken sammiches for the rest of my life. Seriously. Btw we passed Naturally Fresh blvd which is where the salad dressing is made and chik's headquarters is located. What kind of name is that for a street? We were laughing cuz there are other, non food companies down there too. What if being "naturally fresh" isn't what their company needs?

After that he dropped me off at the Marshalls so I could go put some stuff on lay away. This time next month I'll be in a surplus, because its labor day weekend, and thus dragon con and major tips for the kid. So by then I'll been some cute fall clothes and I'll have money to buy them! And its the tax holiday? Yesss.

I didn't know it was the tax holiday until I was stuck behind 1 woman for 15 minutes in the line. Are you kidding? She had 3 layaways active which she was going through picking what stuff she didn't want anymore, then she had a cart FULL of shit. And there were 2 people waiting on her. I know they could see me burning a hole in this woman's weave. And her kids were that kind of playful that can be annoying when you are in a bad mood. Which I was after waiting behind this heffa trying to buy marshalls out. Quit it.

So finally I get to the counter. I remember I didn't get to try my shirts on. Damnit! Its all good though cuz I could return them if I don't like it. But I think I will. They're all silky and mature and I'm doing my grown and sexy. *brushes shoulder off. I walked out with a xoxo purse, a Perry Ellis shirt for Kesi, and some unmentionables....

---Hol' up. Sidebar. We's peoples right? When did bras go from emphasis on cute to emphasis on comfort? I mean, beige support situations are not me. Them wide straps... Ugh. I found ONE bra. Thank you Calvin. I only went up one size! Geez! That's why I have so many pairs of draws and my bras share a drawer with my undershirts. They can't win.---

So anyway, my search for yellow shoes were semi fruitful. I found a pair of baby phats but they cost too much and were too busy. Boo man. Then I found some that were a pale yellow (so as not to look like a Laker girl, for them haters) but the biggest they had were 7.5. I tried, and my heel said "girl if you don't stop..." yeah I wear a 8, 8.5. So I walked out of that situation empty handed.

So oh yeah I had a dentist appt. Apparently the rain didn't care, and neither did Marta. I was late and slightly wet. So I went in and got cleaned, and found out part of one of my fillings came out. And I had a cavity. So I gotta go back. Womp. And I started raining again. I didn't leave the dentist til 4. I got there at 215. Stop playing!

So I'm headed home now. Yay. Btw did you know that if you drink something it takes 2 hours for your saliva to get rid of the residual sugars? So if you, like me, drink all day (I still have my lemonade from breakfast in my Starbucks water bottle), sugar is tearing your teeth. I'm lucky I only came out with 1 cavity.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Layaway still exists? If you put something on layaway during tax free weekend but finish paying for it another weekend, do you have to pay the tax?

You calling me a hater cuz of the laker comment? LOL

Sorry to hear about the marathon dentist session.

Jameil said...

i thought the bra cuteness had been upped in recent years. i will need to see these yellow shoes when you find them before i can determine whether or not i approve. i think some people are just more cavity-prone.

Adei von K said...

some people are more cavity prone. i also need to see the shoes, ASAP.

that woman at marshall's... you are better than me for staying there! 3 acct!?!? She shouldn't be allowed anymore! I loooooooove how yo usaid the kids were the kind of playful that's annoying if you are in a bad mood!! LOLOL I know what you mean!