Thursday, July 31, 2008

13 things I'm thinkin about

This weeks Thursday 13 is totally random. Literally the things I was thinking about earlier today:


1 my pinkie toe, which hurts

2 whether or not Tony Snow is dead or if I'm making that up

3 that damn trampoline I should be jumping on more

4 putting a grey streak in my hair

5 how this is not the topic I planned on doing this week

6 the cat in my yard

7 whether or not I sometimes look like a white chick on spring break when I dance to rap songs in the car

8 moving

9 how the decline of actual music videos shown on MTV may have to do with the decline in quality videos made by artists

10 how people don't deserve an explanation when they think they do

11 how smokers are such slaves to their addictions that they'll sit outside in 92 degree weather just to inhale more heat

12 why churches be hating, making black usher board ladies wear white stockings and nurse shoes. Don't NO black woman look good in white tights.

13 the homeless man who snuck behind the bushes at taco bell to ask us for a dollar, then scurried across the parking lot and across the street to the Wendy's in like 10 seconds.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

6 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Like a Bride of Frankenstein grey streak? You should totally do that. I wont make fun of you, really I wont! LOL

Tony Snow died on the 12th.

I think the decline of the actual videos led to the decline of the quality. Also youtube's popularity. People can do videos for the cheap and get just as many if not more people watching them.

shani-o said...

Yeah, this isn't a post. Do better. :-)

Adei von K said...

number 12 has me rolling!!!

but who decided that white tights and nurse shoes were the hotness? i mean, we're not trying to be sensual in church, but come on!

gray sounds cool. i hope i become a silver fox in my fab old years as a socialite who only wears pink boucle' suits

Jazzy said...

#4 adding a grey streak? I freaked seeing one grey STRAND...what inspired the grey streak?

#9...real talk!

#12...definitely agree...white tights are for children and children alone!

the joy said...

Rashan- no man! It'll be behind my bangs so that when my hair is in afro it blends, but when my hair is straight, it stands out.

Thank you.

Maybe its a downward spiral? Less quality, less videos, less quality, etc. Personally I miss the days of superstar directors, guys who had a great, epic body of work. Hype's the only one left.

Shani- ok miss "I posted 5 times after saying I wasn't going to post much cuz I had a project due."

Stace- some mean person decided. But how did it spread? I saw a whole bunch of them for the COOLJC conference at work.

Thanks. I'm really considering it.

Diva- Stacey London and the fact that I wanted a streak, and it has to be a naturally occurring color, says work.

Please see my response to Rashan re: #9

I don't even think I'll make my kids wear them.

Jameil said...

can you imagine taco bell food running through you and you have no privacy? i would run FROM the border, too! lol. i think you'll have a grey streak sooner or later. wait wait wait. i know shani ain't talkin miss youtube! yes, Tony Snow is dead. the usher shoes are the ones that kill me but the ushers at my church are FLY!! They change the color of their accessories weekly.