Monday, July 28, 2008

Work craziness

****this was the post I kept trying to send... I think it was the picture I added, which wasn't mine. I got it off google. So if you are confused about anything here, google it.****

*this guy from the valet svc, I guess he thinks he's being clever, but the joke was old when he said it. He asked if he could "get some Joy in his beverage." I told him we're fresh out. Breezy said I should... Maybe I shouldn't say what he said, lest someone take us seriously. I would never do that.

*my coworker asked me if she could look at my butt because the woman she had rung up was so unattractive she needed a distraction. B had been telling me for a few days that she liked me, lol. I mean, what kind of person asks to look at my ass? I guess she wanted to gauge my reaction, which was "my ass cures all." Kesi's was, "am I gonna have to make an appearance?" she also cursed my wedding day. Hmmm....

*our hotel had a grand reopening Thursday night. There was a rumor Maxwell was gonna be there. I was perked all night. Alas, I don't think he was there. But what was? Techno music and gogo dancers. No lie. B stood outside the store and stared up for the longest time at this one chick. Then we saw her at the parking garage down the street, lol. He was feeling a lil of that perk I had earlier. I was willing to lose my job over some Maxwell.

*apparently there's a work field trip to Body Tap this coming week...

*someone I work with looks like Janice the muppet. I won't say who cuz she can access my blog easily.

*this guy who works for the bell stand asked me why I won't show him any love like I do Walter Lee. Apparently I've been hating on him since day 1. I told him that its because I'm sure Walter Lee won't try to attack me when we're alone. I don't think that really made things better for me.

*so, we have to wear these tee shirts on weekends to promote these smoothies we started carrying about 2 weeks ago. No problem there, the shirts are a nice color, they're not busy... But we have no smalls. In a medium, the shirt comes down to mid thigh. I'm swimming in the arms. Now, my friend Mary Lou is about 20 lbs lighter than me, and she looks like she's wearing a night shirt. We also didn't get any xxl, and so B, this "healthy sized" woman who works mornings, and our 2 morning supervisors can't wear them because they're too tight. Oh, did I mention we are OUT OF one of the main ingredients for the drink? So what are we promoting? Bad fashion?

*i got into an argument with the Evil Supervisor Friday. Short version of it is that she's mad that she doesn't have the new manager in her back pocket like she did the old one. So when she called her on her shit, she decided to take it out on me. At which point I, again, went to the manager and told her what's what. Try me if you wanna.

*the reason why I was even over there helping ES is because the chick that was supposed to be working broke her foot on the Marta and had to take a few days off. Shit, ask me again if I'm gonna help her out. Nobody else better get injured over there, that's all I know, lol. And she's trying to give me the silent treatment. I told her I didn't care, and I'm acting like I don't. I'll still say bye when I leave, whether you respond or not.

*i told the woman in the cafeteria that I could not, could not, show her how to crochet. For one, I'm impatient, and she doesn't follow along easily. 2, I kinda make things up as I go along, and I don't want to be telling people wrong stuff when they're trying to follow along in pattern books. 3, I'm not telling you my secrets. Especially when you're cool with the housekeeper who was hating on my last year. So she tried to do a pattern where the colors stopped and started in tic tac toe squares, and she would tie off the ends before starting a new color, so there are strings everywhere. She asked me what she did wrong (the ugly, string everywhere look is just why I started doing it the way I do now), and instead of telling her that I showed her how to string those bad boys through the row so they wouldn't show. Trying to explain to her what she should have done would have been wrong on so many levels, especially since she started selling blankets too. I mean, I have 15 years under my belt. She has... 6 months. I'm so unconcerned.

*if one more person asks me if we sell sodas....

*there's this one chick who is always complaining about her feet hurting. Why are her shoes split at the top and her socked pinkie toes are visible? Maybe you need new shoes, folk.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Stephen R. said...

Okay, you made me literally laugh out loud twice. Once when I read...

"So what are we promoting? Bad fashion?"

That's friggin' hilarious!! And I want to see a picture of you in that t-shirt!!!

I also laughed because someone you know looks like Janice the muppet.

Janice is my FAVORITE muppet. Wish I could meet this girl!!!! :)

Jameil said...

not pinky toes!! dude... i can't wear giant clothes. i'm allergic. dead @ "I was willing to lose my job over some Maxwell." hahaha. i don't even like him that much i just would do it to make 1969 jealous! hahahaha.

Rashan Jamal said...

Were you gonna pee in his beverage? Is that what you didn't want to type? LOL

I think he needs to make an appearance... The co worker reminds me of Dre's verse in Mamacita..

Why everybody tryna get you to go the strip club? LOL

LOL @ promoting bad fashion?

Do you sell sodas?

So...Wise...Sista said...

It's a free country, yes? Why she asking permission to ogle your ass?

Kesi's gangsta...*swoon*

Pretty sure that Janice the Muppet will recognize your thinly veiled outing, if in fact she looks like Janice the Muppet. Just sayin.

the joy said...

Stephen- she's mine too, behind Grover that is. I told her she looked like Janice, and she had no idea who that was, lol.

Jam- I am too.every time I put on that shirt I hate. Oh I woulda lost a lot over Maxwell, lol.

Rashan- I wasn't going to, but it was suggested, lol. Re: mamacita: I can't be throwing her against no walls. She's like 2x my size. I don't know why, but I'm not going. I just don't feel like it.

Wise- he is gangsta. Swoon indeed. Yes it is a free country, and I don't mind people looking at my ass as long as they don't make me feel some kinda way about it. Stand in quiet admiration, lol.