Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Books and booze and bones

I've been sick all weekend. Friday it was chilly, probably like 50something and the wind was gusting so it felt colder. And of course I was outside with no jacket because I didn't think I would be shivvering at 10PM. And so I got achy and cranky and had to take an extra day off because my head felt like it was filled with water and just heavy and sloshing around every time I sat up. I did almost finish my pillow project, which I must say I don't like, but maybe she'll like it. Meh. I guess I gotta make something I don't like eventually. And I watched a Reno 911 marathon and a Law and Order marathon, which made me think of rashan's old girlfriend. I'm feeling better now, what with my bf bringing me nyquil and kisses and a mcd's chicken sammich (mmmmm).

Friday(yes I'm going out of order), I went to a house party and it was so fun! It was a crazy mess though, and my former coworker (the one who has the jailed boyfriend who she's never seen) came in pissy drunk with her 4 friends. Did I mention she is 20? Yeah. Not to say I didn't drink at 20, but I didn't come to someones house where many of my (and my parents, cuz they work in the same building is me) coworkers are fall down drunk. And so she and her friends were pissing we "mature" party goers off, by falling all over each other and us, and spilling beverages on the couch with wreckless abandon. Other than that, and the guy from event svcs that has a crush on me and got the "basic 2 step" every time his behind tried to dance with me, I had fun! I'd say it was almost worth getting sick. Almost.

I bought a new book. "rant" by chuck palahniuk. I'm only on pg 10, and its kinda slow so far. All his books are like that. Expositions filled with questions to be answered later, at which point you read the book again and say, "ok. I get it." obviously I suffer through that; I have all of them except for the one right before this one. I include the two I gave away, "fight club" and "lullaby," which are my favorites, so I kinda regret doing that. Bah. So anyway I have a book to get me through jury duty next week. I hate that I have to get up at 6am for this! Don't they have afternoon jury duty? I mean, every time I go (this will be my 3rd) they have me in this big room, just sitting, with CNN on, and you can't listen to your headphones because what if they make an announcement? And there's no guy with an odd fruit in his briefcase, a la SATC, to entertain me, oh no. There's just about 50 other people, all considerably older than me, sitting bored in this room. Civic duty my toe. They'd better call me for a trial. At the same time, I kinda don't want to sit in judgement of anyone. For 2 reasons: 1, I'm very sleepy during the day, and falling asleep in the jury stand isn't a very good look. I could be found in contempt or some such. And so itd have to be very interesting to keep me awake. 2, if it is indeed a very interesting case, that would mean someone died and probably in a gross way. And I'd get nightmares. I've been very fortunate to have not experienced any gruesome sights in life- I wasn't even there when my brother shattered his elbow- and I don't want to see any pictures of it or hear a first hand acct of these types of things. I know I wouldn't be able to look away so I'd be either barfy or crying. And that brings up another thing. I don't think I'd be able to be partial. I have an opinion on everything. Clearly...


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

6 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

hope u fel better and make one of my books your next read folk pls

Rashan Jamal said...

LOL @ my old girlfriend... I see one of my blog pet peeves too.

You're allowed to have an opinion..just not a predetermined one. That's kind of the point.

Hope you feel better, that water head description was very on point. I knew exactly what you were talking about.

Southerner in Suomi said...

I am covering a trial where this guy recruited and housed up to 300 illegal workers and one of the jurors was nodding off everyday, until she enlisted the juror next to her as a professional elbower. Lol.

So cute to hear the bf taking care of you.

Jameil said...

kisses and a chicken sammich?? someone tell me if it gets better b/c I DON'T THINK IT DOES!! lol. reno is hilarity. oh silly 20 yos. but try to be patient. you were one once, too. maybe you had a bit more tact but still. lmao @ afternoon jury duty. why do we keep getting picked? i've been selected 3xs, too. the word barfy makes me feel as such. shattered his elbow? OUCH!!!

the joy said...

torrance- thanks

rahsan- what pet peeve did i do? or are you refering to something else? email me... yeah but i cant help pre judging, and ill let the judge know too.

v- yeah i think you should keep us posted with that story. i wonder if i should bring a doctors note to the jury selection.

jam- i dont know which was better, the kisses or the sammich. hit the spot!!!! yeah he was play fighting and landed on his arm wrong. broke the thing in 29 places. we didnt even know there was that many bones in an elbow until that day.

Dopelikelouboutins said...

Feel Better and I'm like a week late but thanks for answering my questions lol I thought they were silly

ok what concierge place do you work at I just cant be calling hartsfield asking for courtney LOL