Saturday, April 19, 2008

My boyfriend's back!

And you're gonna be in trouble, hey now, hey now, my boyfriend's back!

Lmao the only reason I know that song is because of the chipmunks. When the chippettes would do old school do wop songs, lol.

Aaanyway... He's back! He came back from a very long 5 days in ashburn Ga, 3 hours away from me and all he loves (except the family that also went down there), but mostly me. I started to see what its like for him when I go on vacation and whatnot and he's still at home. It sucks. All the time I would have spent with him was spent being ABSOLUTELY bored. To. Death. I wanted to call him and text him and stuff but I also didn't wanna be selfish so I restrained myself. I just let him do what he was doing down there and every so often I would ask how he and his family were and ask when he was coming back. I knew the whole thing was gonna be a trial, what with his grandma dying, and the repercussions of a family that essentially ran away from that small town, and now had to come back to each other and that place for the first time in literally years.

But he returned, as I knew he was going to. And with stories. Some funny, some crazy, some sad. The kind of things that should be written down or recorded, for retelling. I wonder if he will. His brother Keem's yarn about how "everybody was ashy!" including the town alcohol/ crack dealer, was about the best thing I've heard in a long time. And that's all I'll share because its not my stories to tell, and that's not what this post is really about.

Its about my boyfriend! Kesi has returned to me! I literally dove into the driver's seat from the passenger side when he came to pick me up last night. Then I stopped him in the parkinglot of Kroger to smooch him and give him a hug. You guys have no idea. In the past 6 years the longest time we'd spent apart was 3 weeks when we first started dating and I went to CT. Since we've moved into the same neighborhood we see each other EVERY DAY. Even if its just for a few minutes on the ride home. We've built up a codependency, which sounds bad, but damn it its not. Poo on you if you think it is.

This morning while I was eating my lucky charms in bed, he kept running his hands across my back. "you really like my back, huh?"

"its easy to get to and nice and soft."

Thing is, he had been doing it for the past 15 minutes. Back and forth, back and forth. Despite the fact that we'd said it about 35 times since we met last night, it was at that moment that I knew he really had missed me. He hadn't really let go of me the entire night. He'd half wake me when his breathing on my neck would pause long enough to replace itself with a kiss.

"is it bothering you?"

"no. I like it. Its relaxing."

I'm relaxed. Finally. Its going to be a good day.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

9 comments:

Adei von K said...

awwwww, your baby is home!

good to know you're happy, how's he doing?

GreatWhyte said...

Sweet. You guys rock

Rashan Jamal said...

LOL @ everybody being ashy in Ashburn.

You guys are so cute. I'm a little jealous. LOL

Jameil said...

awww. GET MARRIED NOW! thanks.

who? said...

(wants what you and Kesi have)

BTW: love that song you quoted. I don't know what it is about it, but it's catchy to me... not something I bang regularly, but I like it enough...

La said...

*vomit*

:-)

the joy said...

Stace- I am happy. He's good. The whole experience was heavy for him but... He's doing well.

X- thanks.

Rashan- yeah that lil connection didn't get past me. I'm wondering if that's why they named it that.

Jam- on my next day off I'll get right to that.

Canon- you will. If I am the only one with this love, i think my head will explode.

La- I know right? How can you stand us?

Southerner in Suomi said...

I don't think the codependency is bad.

You guys seem like a cute couple. Not the annoying cute.

LMAO@ Ashy Ashburn. I had a teammate named Ashley, and even though she was never ashy, we called her Ashy Ashley. Lol.

Jameil said...

yessssssss! tell me where you're registered so i can send a gift!