Sunday, April 27, 2008

Got damn frapp!

*this kid jay used to say that about another guy senior year who would have a frappucino EVERY day. Trust that its what's been running through my head all day.

Ok, so finally the story arc has concluded, so I can tell you all the whole story.

A few weeks ago, it came to my attn that we were getting a new associate. Cool. So my evil supervisor (ES) went on a week's vacation which may or may not have been a honeymoon, but who cares cuz nobody likes her crazy ass, during which time I mentioned to the cooler supervisor (CS) the new girl who would be starting in all of 5 days.

"there's no new hire."
"that's not what ES told me and Shaina."
"well she sure as hell didn't tell me."

Long story short, on our manager's last day at our property, he and ES took it upon themselves to hire a new girl, although our budget barely supported the people we have. So now CS has to scramble to see if this girl who we don't know from Adam can rearrange her life and work in starbucks. Luckily I was in the room when she made that revelation, also, this is when CS said "she is a dirty bitch. A dirty ass bitch!" because ES didn't ask the part time girl if she wanted to go full time, because if I would not have chosen to transfer she would have about 10 hours a week. And this girl has a 7 month old child.

So anyway. CS talks to the food and bev manager, and he agrees to my transfer. That was 2 weeks before Miami. So you see how long this process has taken cuz it was mad bootleg. I had to wait 2 weeks after the new girl started before I could change over. Somehow that turned to 3, and during that last week ES had the nerve to come to me with some, "are you sure you want to transfer? I mean, we can't stop you, but..."

"I do, and I know you can't."
"I mean, they really don't have room for you..."
"we already got that taken care of." we did. By the time we got my timeline straight, 2 people in starbucks asked to change hours or locations, and a girl in the morning in the gift shop put in her 2 weeks notice. And the way things fell, itd be the new girl coming in at night, me moving to starbucks at night, a night girl moving to mornings when she finished school for the summer, a morning shifter moving to my (former) store, and the morning girl leaving. Full circle. But see, ES is the type to try to throw stuff around without knowing all the facts, which is A) how we got in this mess, and B) why she's a dirty bitch.

The funny part is she was only asking me if I was sure I wanted to leave is because I'm the best associate a supervisor could ask for. But I wasn't going to keep letting her keep walking over me. Why is it I'm doing all the work and you're in the cut playing computer solitaire? Talking about paperwork. Fuck alla that. So hell yeah I'm sure. Now you gotta do some work. I told her I needed structure and she got all huffy and said she gave me opportunities for leadership, which pissed me off alll the more. "no, yall left me with a key to act like a supervisor and not get paid for it, and a whole bunch of other shit that I didn't ask for." that shut her up cuz while I was sitting in that store BY MYSELF for quite a few weeks this winter, for some reason the supervisor needed an extra person on her shift, even though we were at 12% occupancy. Wtf? So remember that ish.

So Saturday was my first day. Hella busy. And I don't know shit! I remember some things from when we were a "we proudly brew," but we winged that as we went, lol. I learned to make a few frappucinnos and because of course because we had a high school group there, that's ALL they wanted. I was crankin em out! Got me some tips too, lol. The good thing about my brain is, if its a system, I'll never forget it. So I'm good with the recipes. I'm having fun and making more money and I don't have to deal that crazy heffa on a daily basis. But its not all about that... People are telling me I look happier and more relaxed already. I needed a change, in addition to needing a "real" job. Ok so I got one of those, and the other is soon coming, but I'm feeling better about life in general.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

11 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Good for you for getting away from the evil supervisor.

I'm not gonna pretend like I fully followed this, but its mad early and I haven't been to sleep yet. LOL

Glad you are feeling better about life in general.

Jameil said...

yay for change and feeling better!! i'm all for it!! i like you being happy!! :) YAY!!! (I'M SO EXCITED!!)

So...Wise...Sista said...

"she is a dirty bitch. A dirty ass bitch!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

shani-o said...

Woooooohoooo! GO YOJ!

Adei von K said...

ahhhhh, tip money! and you don't have to strip for it.

nice!! i like that you're less stressed and up from under the lazy ES.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

damn, a dirty bitch

La said...

YES!!! That lazy hoe deserves everything she gets.

GreatWhyte said...

COOL!! So could I get a decaf half frap half whip mocha java orange chocolate chip latte with three pumps of raspberry low-fat soy milk, and NO WHIP? Please?? Or is that too uch of a special order?

**giggle**

You sound better already, Joyous!!

Jameil said...

"ahhhhh, tip money! and you don't have to strip for it." i'm so over stace.

the joy said...

Rashan- lol thanks for the well wishes.

Jam- thanks. Woo happy! I've been so busy but I like it.

Wise- she really is. She's one of those calculating bitches.

Shani- *backflips*

Stace- I do look good in my work pants though.

Torrence- its an epidemic.

La- lol doesn't she though? If I was tall enough I would punch her in the forehead.

X- girl you just asked for like 12 things there, lmao. I could try though.

Jam- you know we love stace. She is the sunshine.

GreatWhyte said...

I was just trying to string some crazy shit together... I'm lame :)