Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Funny birth control story.

Inspired by stace's skin drama...

so... Full disclosure, I've been on birth control since I was 16. I had a steady boyfriend at the time and my mom said she was NOT taking care of no grandkids (see, it is possible to be realistic while promoting abstinence... Ask me how long my mom has gone w/o). I would get it from planned parenthood and I was on it even when I wasn't having sex, so... 8 years strong.

Anyway, I had (have) this friend who we'll call latrice, cuz that's part of her name. Her parents didn't like me very much; I was a bit too... Free with my thoughts for their tastes. One time they kissed in front of us and I said "ew," (as a joke!) and the next thing I know her dad is lecturing her on my rudeness and her friends. Any other parent of my friends (ie, Lauren's mom or my aunts) would have laughed, I think. I mean I call la's daddy old all the time. He calls me chubby. This is our rapport.

So one day, latrice and I are on the phone and she's talking about how her period is unpredictable and heavy and just all bad. So I told her that my period was pretty steady and painless since I'd been taking BC. She was a virgin and had no use for the pills in their traditional sense, but I thought I'd share this info with her.

And at this point in the conversation, I guess her mom walked by, so she yells to her, "hey mom, can I get on birth control? Joy is on it!"

And then they started thinking I was a rude, daughter corrupting whore.

The end.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

9 comments:

La said...

hahahahahaha!

Kinda like what your mama thought of me huh?

Jameil said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what in particular? THE WHOLE THING!!

Adei von K said...

OH SNAP!!! LOLOL!!!

context is a funny thing!! as is this story!!

YOU WHORE!

GreatWhyte said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Her mom sooooo sounds like my mom!

Rashan Jamal said...

You vixen! Corrupting your friends. LOL

Southerner in Suomi said...

For some reason my mom always thought I corrupted my friends. I still don't know what gave her that impression.

Dopelikelouboutins said...

wow, latrice's parents had their panties up in a bunch 99% of the time lol

you've been tagged madame: http://itcouldallbesosimple.blogspot.com/2008/04/ive-been-tagged.html

the joy said...

la- i think she stopped thinking you were a bad influence once we got to hs. you were clearly the good one.

jam- that still comes up between us. sometimes i wonder what her parents think of me now...

stace- i am not a whore!!! i just seemed like one!

x- your mom was neurotic?

rashan- i didnt corrupt her... trust that she did not need corrupting. the only thing that kept her from having sex was a low threshold for pain. and once that was gone? sigh...

v- my mom cant think that. she still thought i was a virgin after she put me on bc. she was so weird.

diamonds- yep. military dad, crazy mom.

Anonymous said...

Wow this is a very funny birth control story but I like this funny story.