Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Catchin up

Got me a bathin suit! That's the big news in Joyville. Its a catalyst. What do I mean? Let's start at the start.

Tuesday (last) my baby and I went shopping for my suit. That was my anniversary gift from him, since I couldn't get a wool coat... So we started at target... Yall, my target is wack for swim suits. They had one in the style I wanted, but it was lime green/black diagonal stripes. No. No. So we scurried off to Ross, and it too was a bust. They had plenty of 2 pieces, but I wanted a 1 piece! I have a bikini, a tankini, and now I need a 1! So we went to marshall's and all they had was 2xl. Now, I may have gained a few pounds in 07, but I aint blown up like that. And I'm not tall. So there's no reason. So we scurried and Lauren suggested old navy, which is where I got my 12th grade suit, which I still love. So we headed back by target, lol. They're like 3 stores apart. I hit gold right away. Found a cute 1 piece with the option to take the halter strap off, but I did a jump test and uh, no. Pix after I come from Miami! Woo!!!

So while in the mirror, I noticed my thighs were looking a lil, well, I like to refer to it as wavy. They aren't as solid as they once were. So I decided I need to do something about it. Since then I been drinking tons of water and taking the stairs. I mean I am working the stairs. Going higher than necessary, I'm hoping to reach the 5th floor by the end of the week. That may not sound like much, but the hotel has 6 floors below the 1st floor, so...

When I got home, I showed my mom my bathingsuit, and she says to Kesi, "you're gonna let her leave town in that?" he said, "well I bought it..." and then she goes all fake hysterical. One thing about my mom, if it were up to her I'd dress like her. Covered up all day, lol. She might do cleavage accidentally cuz she's got big breasts, but that's about it. One thing about Kesi, he's not jealous. Not about other dudes looking at me. He's like yeah my girl is hot, lol. He understands my need to get fly. And the tween shall never meet.

So... I started packing. Did I mention I'm not going to Fla until the middle of the month? Yeah. I'm just trying not to forget anything! I bought a new duffle bag from work for the trip. I can't be rollin out with that lime green carry on I am currently using as a junk drawer. So yeah so far I have my bathing suits, my shorts (doubt I'll be wearing them here before I go there), and a movie Lauren and I were supposed to watch literally years ago and I've yet to even break the seal cuz I said I wasn't going to watch it without her. I even hid it from myself. And when Kesi grabbed it out of my bag and said "yeah let's watch this" I snatched it from him and put it back. Sorry baby.

I'm working a 6 day week. The evil manager went on vacation. The good thing is I also got some calls from some people, so I'm feeling good about my upward mobility, lol.

My cuzzy is moving back to CT. :( I'll miss her but she's gotta do for her and her babies. I'll miss them too, and her brother. We grew up together, so in some ways I feel like we're sisters, besides the fact that we're 8 months apart. I looked at our picture that we took at sears when we were 18 and 10 months old. We had on matching pink track suits (shorts not pants) and we were all chubby and cute, lol. We been down since that age. But when she goes back, I can go back to visiting her house when I go up there! Yay! Lol.

That's all. I'm sleepy. And I still haven't moved my bedroom set in...
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Jameil said...

YAY BATHING SUIT!! what movie?

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

would like to see u in it woman cant wait

Anonymous said...

I got a lovely one piece suit from delias.com. they have a bunch of those pin-up style suits that I so adore. anyways I hope you have fun in Fl. I love miami so much!

Adei von K said...

"it was lime green/black diagonal stripes"

don't act like you don't like that. we know how you get down...

swimsuit shopping is always stressful!! it has to be PERFECT in every way!!

P.S you know that your blog rating thing covers up part of your paragraphs?

the joy said...

Jam- nacho libre!

Torrance- I haven't decided if I'm going to put up pix yet, lol.

Remy- you are always traveling! I want to be like you when I grow up.

Stace- girl stop! That thing was a mess! Yeah I meant to remove it but I keep forgetting.