Wednesday, February 13, 2008

To be loved

To be loved, oh! What a feeling, to be loved!

Today was a good birthday, even though Mo quit while I was off and I worked alone after 7PM. People kept coming up t me and telling me happy birthday and giving me money! Even the guests! They'd hear someone say it, then they'd go "oh its your birthday? Here's a tip!" I also met a delegate! For Obama! Woo! He and I had a nice conversation, but I didn't get to ask him how they chose him to BE a delegate. It was the end of the night. Sue me.

I went shopping before work. Fashion show!!! When I get to a computer that is. Lauren got me an express gift card, then I went in there and they told me if I tried on their high waisted skirt they'd take 15% off my purchase. Wha? Shoot... So I tried it on, and some editors, and a cute lil basic cap-sleeved button down top. I bought the skirt. That was s devilish lil deal they got going, making you try it on, lol. It was made for me. I also got the shirt and some x2 jeans. And I felt good about life. I haven't REALLY shopped in ages.

Obama won DC, Maryland and Virginia! Like, by a landslide! Happy birthday to me, America! I won't go into it too deeply cuz I went into a lot about superdelegate etiquite and the next states hills will probably lose and how she'd probably be in the lead if her voice wasn't so grating. Buy I'll leave that there for another day.

I also got many texts, calls, and facebook messages. Yay! And of course Jameil and Ms lady shouted your girl out. I'm sleepy now... My birthday is officially over. Sleep now.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Late? I guess so, but happy birthday anyway!

La said...

Oh to go shopping **staring dreamily off into space**


YAY BURFDAY!!!!

Jameil said...

yay birthday!!!!!!!! can't WAIT to see this skirt!! BARACK THE VOTE!!!!!! superdelegates annoy me to know end!! i was watching AC360 and got really upset at what they are and how they have this ridiculous amt of power!!!

the joy said...

Rashan- I'll take it. Lol. Thanks.

La- if it wasn't for you I'd still be online sighing about the myriad clothing that SHOULD be in my closet, lol. Thanks babe.

Jam- my skirt is fergaliscous, lol. I was watching Anderson cutie too last night. And also the colbert report, where the DC house rep (I think that's who she is. I love her cuz she and Stephen go toe to toe and she doesn't take herself too seriously) was saying she talked to Barack and agrees with him that the SDs should go along with popular vote (him, lol). Let's see, there's what, 14 states to go?

Ms.Lady said...

HAPPY V-DAY Jooooy!!