Wednesday, February 20, 2008

my new favorite song




Kid sister is on point. This song was literally stuck in my head all day Wednesday. I'm not a "classic nails and salon" (the spot over in my old neighborhood where I got my nails done exactly once) type of girl but I take it to heart in the general flyness area, you know?

So I had to cuss someone out today. Its a rare occasion when I have to take it there, but today I did. There's this security guard (I would call him top flight but I look at that as a term of affection) who, until last night would come in on some, "so and so wanted me to bring her a soda." now the chick who he may or may not be picking stuff up for is cool with me and I occasionally give her freebies. But I think he was taking advantage of it. Then there's another security guard who comes and gets parfaits at the end of the night since I'm just going to throw them away anyway. One day the wack security guard was with him, and I guess that since he sees me giving stuff out that that's all I do all day. But no.

So last night I closed the store (I was alone) and I had to pee. So the front door was closed, and usually the back door woulda been but I really had to go. So I come back and guess who is all up in the store, while its closed and my money is in the register? This Negro! Um, excuse me? "yall throwing out anything?" "I already tossed everything. Good night." this is what I said to him after I got scared out of my skin by the big black man standing in the back of the store who wasn't there when I left. I mean I was gone for maybe 2 minutes. The bathroom is right by the store.

So tonight, I'm moving back and forth putting stuff in the fridge room, and as I'm walking out, guess who I see? Now here's the point where I tell you the door had been locked all day because they were painting. So he somehow has a key or something and even if I had locked up last night it wouldn't have made a dif. "can I get some strawberries?" now, its 1115. I been closed. That's another thing that bugs me. Don't interrupt me after we close cuz the hospitality ends at 11 on the dot. "you need to stop coming through here." "where?" "this back door. We been closed and I don't need people coming in here unannounced.and you scared the shit out of me last night and I'm not the free shit lady." "damn. Sorry." I didn't say anything else to him, or should I say yell anything else to him cuz I had the attitudy tone and mean brow going. My supervisor is always going on about someone clocking us upside the head for our carelessness, and this is just why. I don't need uninvited guests while I'm counting my money. And whoa, you have a key? So do you just bust in after everyone's gone and help yourself? Cuz that's not hot.

Seriously guys. Kick up the prayin, lol. Every time someone does something dumb I'm praying for Jesus to be a fence.

7 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Yo, I came back and checked your voice post but forgot to comment. You sound like I thought you would sound. Weird!

Hey, lemme get a parfait! My man need to chill with that letting himself in stuff. Subject to "accidentally" get a baseball bat upside the head.

Jameil said...

that is insane!! don't be just lettin yourself in! what this look like!??! huh uh. this is why you can't do stuff for people. they get too familiar and lose their place. not cute and not called for. i'ma need him to get it together. that song is hood with a slice of rat. wow. i was crackin up at the fingers w/shoes on tho and it looked like at one point they were dancing on someone's bald head. hilarious.

Adei von K said...

yeah, i don't like that. black niggas from the depths of hell. he scared me for you! niggas always want free ish... that's dangerous that he has a key, too. let the supervisor know man

the joy said...

Rashan- what does that MEAN!! You and stace said that.

Jam- isn't that the cutest song tho? I think that's my favorite part, the lil breakdance fingers, but somebody had some rough knuckles.

Stace- believe I told the mgr today. I had to... I want them to be completely in the know if I get clocked upside the head. Me being me, I think he's harmless, but we can't take that chance.

Jameil said...

i PRAY that was a man's hand! altho at the beginning that was def. a woman and her knuckles looked a little ground-drug as well.

Jameil said...

i just did a post in your mtb comments. my bad!

GreatWhyte said...

LMFAO @ "needing Jesus to be a fence." That was funny. Girl... that damn security guard needs a meeting with his supervisor because him busting in just because he has a key is SO not hot. SOOOOOO. NOT. HOT. Please be careful. I don't need to read about you clocking Otis the Security Guard in the head with his own flashlight!