Friday, February 08, 2008

liberation

You ever just hear something that gets you so deep? I almost want to just bust out singing or crying on the train right now. Cee lo's part is it though... "my feet feel like I walked most of the road on my own." I think my MP3 player is trying to tell me something. So far I've heard the carpenters' "yesterday once more, timbaland's "miscomunication," and stone temple pilots' "interstate love song." by that I glean that maybe I need to go home.






Liberation Lyrics

6 comments:

Jameil said...

are those only the lyrics. come on joy! i'm all turnin up my computer and stuff! you're ruinin my life! lol

La said...

Omg his part literally made me burst into tears one day in my car. "We alive but we ain't living..." Jesus. Did I mention Aquemeni hasn't left my CD player in months. You spying on me woman? lol

Rashan Jamal said...

Always loved that joint. I still play it like its new... all 7 and half minutes of it.

the joy said...

jam- i honestly didnt know that. all that fancy flash and whatnot... i figured there was a sing too.

la- its kinda sucky he didnt get much recognition until gnarls barkely, after how many records with goodie, then 2 solos? i think my mp3 player is spying on you... and me.

rashan- it doesnt even feel like that long. its a great, epic song.

Jameil said...

i had to listen to it at the gym today, too. (after youtubing it yesterday). i downloaded the album months ago all because of that song. sigh.

Adei von K said...

yo, Liberation is that... *shudder*

that thing right there??

I love 'Kast and their boys.