Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ick.

No seriously. This is a gross post. If you are squeamish, I'd advise against it. You have been warned!

Ok, I haven't seen making the band yet so that's why I haven't posted on it yet. My bad! But I'll be home tomorrow and I think its on my dvr, so tomorrow for sure. Moving on!

So I get to work today, and after settling in, the cool(er) manager says, "just so you know, Al is having surgery on his hand." Now Al is a bowler, so my first thought was that he threw wrong. Not that big a deal. "oh, what happened?" "he tore his thumb off." um, what? No, seriously, what?

So apparently he was bringing up beverages and turned the corner funny and squished his finger TIGHT in between the wall and the hand jack he was using. It tore his thumb up when he was trying to remove it, to the point where they can't put it back together and actually have to cut more of it off in order to repair it. EW!!! Al! Fortunately as possible, it wasn't his bowling/writing hand. But how crazy to just lose a finger! And so he's gonna be gone for a while. My boy Walter Lee said he wouldn't come back because itd be embarassing; everyone would want to see it and they'd know what happened. I don't think I wanna see it. Knowing his goofy ass he'll probably wave the stump at people when they say something stupid.

I saw SO many people with missing fingers today though! Mostly because there's a truckers con and a hardware con going on at the same time, and you know, heavy equipment and severed parts go hand in (missing) hand. But there was one guy who was missing both of his middle fingers. But something tells me, given the fact that all the other digits were fine, that maybe he flipped off the wrong person?

Anyways, I feel sorry for Al. What started off as a normal day ended up being real icky and thumbless. When I told Lauren, she said, among other things, "how will he text?!" which was funny but also oddly true. Thumbs are so relevant, no matter what Huey Freeman says ("nothing productive was ever done with your thumbs"). I pray for him and hope that all my digits stay right where they are. May I slam, bruise and cut them 1000 more times over.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

GreatWhyte said...

"But how will he text?"
**dead**
More evidence that you, La, and me must meet. POSTHASTE.

Jameil said...

i hope to keep mine, too.... and my kidneys.

La said...

LOL! I realize now, on the backend, how ridiculously shallow a question that was. But honestly, I asked it in the utmost ernestness and sincerity, lol

the joy said...

X- she and I had the most insane conversation yesterday before this even happened. We're so odd the wall, lol.

Jam- here, here!

La- I know dear. You said a lot of things but that one stuck out. i mean, you are a woman with 2 phones...