Thursday, January 03, 2008

The only resolution

If you didn't know, I took a week off from work. I got a lot of stuff done! I basically took time off to finish the crochet projects I had and spend time with the people I love. I also cleaned my room and refolded my shirts.

I stacked each shirt according to type: cute tees, tanks, long sleeve, clubby/ fancy (fancy guest- name that show), professional.

And I kid you not, I have no less than 30 shirts that had some kind of cute phrase, a lil character, crazy "look at me I'm young and carefree" design. Adversely, I have 6- SIX long sleeved shirts. Guess what? I'm not carefree, at least not in the way my fashion is saying, and I AM cold.

So here's my resolution. I will not shop for clothing I cannot wear in a professional setting. Its fair to say I've got fun covered, no? And the crazy part is, I don't wear most of these shirts. A few I forgot I had. I make special exception if I can get the "Jesus is the new black" shirt from wet seal. Other than that, I need some freaking button downs, some cute cardigans, maybe even a sweater or two (I really don't like sweaters unless they're of the longer, comfy variety).

This is a resolution I want to keep, but old habits die hard. When I go shopping, I'll surely include pix of what I got, and welcome suggestions of what I should return.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

8 comments:

Jameil said...

you know i will love telling you what to return. are you growing up even more?! first stockings now this. *tear!*

Adei von K said...

lol @ Jameil's comment!

yeah, I just went thru my closet at my parents house and my place... it time we grew up. You realize that you have no place to wear the see thru shirts so why bother buying more cause they're "cute"?? you can still look cute in a button down, you know?

oh yeah, i want to tell you what to return too :-)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

happy nappy new year

the joy said...

Jameil- I am growing up! I mean, I'll be 24 in a month. And my career choices aren't those that call for a cute tee... So maybe I need to be the crazy chick with a collection of cute blouses and vests (and maybe ties, depending on the environment)

Stace- and we don't want you to be mistaken for an elementary student, lol! Yeah let's be grown and sexy.

Torrance- happy new years right back!


Btw, I'm thinking of doing something creative with the old shirts maybe a quilt? I made a pillow out of old shirts one time. Maybe I'll do that again!

Jameil said...

you should totally do that! it will be fab.

*secretly wanting the "jesus is the new black" tee, too.*

La said...

hahaha you almost got that shirt for christmas but they only had larges. Should I now get you a button down? lol

the joy said...

It is as fresh as it sounds Jameil. My friend of a friend Ashley had it and I coveted soo hard, lol.


Ooh yes. Or maybe a gift card to a place with cute clothing.

Samii Styles said...

Just browsing about and I enjoyed reading some of your post. I'm feeling you on the message tee thing...I just got rid of a bunch. I'm only keeping concert tees and the ones that really mean something to me like my fav "THE BEST GIRLS ARE BLACK"!