Thursday, January 17, 2008

my love

It was some white shit fallin out the sky Wednesday. People keep calling it snow, but they don't know it doesn't snow unless it sticks. For all I know it coulda been raining cocaine. There could have been an accident at the recycling plant. Remember when south ga was on fire and we had smoke all the way up here? Maybe this is just ash! We all might be haluccinating! Meanwhile my mind is on better thangs.

Did you know "Miami" means my love? Mi ami. And not my love as in "you are my love," but as in "my love grows deeper." it speaks not of a person, but of the emotion that you own. Deep huh? I did very good en la clase de espanol. My profesora y yo hablamos con frequencia. And the Poultry and Egg conference is coming to town. Most of them are Spanish speakers. And I practice my Spanish with them. Quires bolsa? Muchas gracias senor, cerado a once(that's "on-say", not "wonse.")

But back to the point. Miami! I'm going, come hell or hurricane. Actually, come hurricane, Joy stays in the A. But I'm not going during H season. I'm excited! But I have to save money! So here's what I'm gonna do:

*cut down on my fast food.
I eat fast food literally every day. Mainly because our caf at work does a horrible job of making chicken look appetizing. Its always oily. And then, why would you cook spaghetti noodles and put them in those heater trays? Don't you know that re-dries the noodles? Barf! So I go to the food court and spend like 5 on a subway or a mcdonalds chicken sammich. I'm gonna try to cut back to twice a week, in desperate measures. This will also help me lose a few lbs, which couldn't hurt.

*put a lil of my income tax check away.
I did my taxes Saturday. Gotta be a record! I decided that I'd definitely have my money by my birthday. But yeah I can either put that money up, or use it to buy my plane ticket, whichever comes first.

*sell more scarves.
I'm doing well and the weather is on my side, but when people are ambivalent, so am I. You spend a week waffling about what you want? Its gonna take me a while to make it. Who's to say you're not gonna change your mind again? But I'm almost done with a big blanket and that money gets put away too. I'm focused!!!

I got 2.5 months to get right. Gotta have some spending money too, so I'm gonna write Miami on my hand so that every time I think about buying something I don't need I'll see it and hopefully change my mind, lol.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

9 comments:

La said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Dopelikelouboutins said...

YAY It snowed/ freeze rained lol. I had to walk in that mess the slush was seriously effing with my center of gravity lol.

the joy said...

La- wooooooooooo!!! Lmao.

Diamonds- oh that's that bull. I was inside during this whole ordeal, but I do know the shoes I got on now can't take no snow.

the joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rashan Jamal said...

Nah, shawty! That was actual snow for about 3 hours. Too bad it didnt last.

I saw the hotel on La's spot. Very nice!

Jameil said...

yay for budgeting!! i loooove miami!!

Ms.Lady said...

good luck

the joy said...

rashan- yeah and now saturday... this is some bull!!!!

jam- i hate budgetting. its foreign to me. i have to put it into terms i can feel, like the fast food thing.

lady- thanks!! im already $20 up!