Monday, December 31, 2007

Holla atcha girl

That's what I say to 2007. Let's see... I've continued to hate my job, on a deeper level than usual, failed to go back to school, had like no money, traveled NOWHERE, gained 10 lbs, and searched for a job in vain (I'm still waiting to hear from some outlets). Went to two funerals.

It wasn't all bad though. The music was good (thank you Amy and Kanye), I had a lot of good times with my friends, and even had my first birthday party since I was 5, at which I didn't hesitate to drank! One brother graduated, and another went into the marines just as I was learning more about him. I spent a lot more time with my family. Kesi and I are at 5 (almost 6) years and are getting comfy, oddly enough. I made new friends, rekindled old ones, and met some new babies! Lauren stopped by at random intervals, and I saw more of the city with her than when I was gone. Had tons of waffle house. Got a very cute hair trim. Talked about myself incessantly via this lovely blog and made some new bloggy friends.

I laughed, I cried, ate, drank, loved, hated, got rained on, bitten, scratched, yelled at, hugged, I swam, I kissed, danced, got in and out of trouble. I grew. I shrunk a lil too.

Holla atcha girl. I'm gonna bring in the new year the same way I did last year, and the 3 years before that: slightly drunk, in my man's arms, and hopeful. See you in 08.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Liz Dwyer said...

There has been some good music this year, hasn't there!

That said, I can relate to the down side of your year. Last year I felt a little of what you're feeling now. I hated my job like nothing else, felt like I had no $$ and was scared to eat because I'd lost 20 pounds and didn't want to gain it back.

I'll be with my sons eating brownies and popcorn again this year. Last year was very fun with them.

Jameil said...

hurray for hope.

the joy said...

liz- ooh brownies. see there? thats my problem. im a snacker... gonnaget back to the healthy snacks in 08.

jameil- youre telling me. cant wait for the sunny days.

Stephen R. said...

Happy New Year!!! Hope you have a wonderful night tonight and a joyous '08!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)