Sunday, December 30, 2007

Okuri-okami

I really wish they'd figure this thing out. I want tv! Yet I've managed to survive on reruns of shows I didn't really watch before. So this is what I'm watching now that the strike is going on the 2nd month...

*Law and order: SVU.
I like alla them but especially this one. Ice T, Marishka hargitay, Chris meloni (aka stace's dream guy/ half my favorite gay couple from OZ)! Great cast, great stories! Sometimes you never know who killed the vic, the one with the drug addict rape victim with the finger in her bag? Great story.

*CSI Miami.
I started watching this show because of the Soup. Joel Mchale is always making fun of Horatio and when I passed it on a bored day at work I got hooked. I am really antsy about my Miami trip... I'm gonna stay on the beach side, not the glades side. I'm not trying to get 'et by a gator.

*Graham Norton show.
This show is only for people who like British comedy. He has a "chat" show, but he has all his guests out at once, and intersperses the talking with news and lil games. This weeks topics included dirty foreign slang. "fannie" over there means genitals, although over here it means booty... So it makes for interesting conversation. The title of my post is Japanese for "a man who feigns sensitivity by offering to walk you home but really tries to molest you once he's in your doorway." they have a word for that! Insanity! Majority of the time I have no idea who he's talking to, but it doesn't matter. One time he had everyone turn on their Bluetooth, and interviewed the audience on the more interesting screen names. Gold. Pure gold.

*Twilight Zone.
Straight up old school man! I used to watch them when I was lil and now I'm loving it all the more. Some I remembered, like the one with the supposedly giant alien, but the one where the girl didn't want to have surgery to look like anyone else because her father killed himself after the same surgery, that was a good one. Woo sci fi!

*Death Note.
It comes on cartoon network and is so twisted I can't describe it in a paragraph. Its about a boy, and he has this book that he got from a demon, where if you write a person's name and have their faces in your head when you do it, it kills them. And the FBI is looking for him, but they don't know who he is, and his FATHER runs the FBI! But there's so much more! It goes so deep into the characters' heads and psyches... Just wiki it or imdb it or something...

*How Clean is Your House?
Another BBC show. They go to the nastiest homes in London and first they rail these people, then show them how to clean up and all the crazy diseases they could get from their nasty ass houses. I mean. There was a family that hadn't cleaned in 22 years! 22? Really? Their kids grew up in filth. Its compelling television.

*Bravo reality shows.
Jameil's got me hooked on project runway, which hasn't had a new episode in like 2 weeks man! Then I've been watching orange county housewives. Usually that one just pisses me off. They are crazy. Top chef... Makes me hungry. I wish there was some way to experience the food with the judges, but I like how they include ambiance.


*Did you hear? David Letterman and Craig Ferguson are coming back WITH writers? How great is that? I don't watch Dave but I like Craig, so its a good deal. I for one will keep my tv on that channel just on principle of support for the writers.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

I'm down to The Wire starting next week and Lost at the end of January. Other than that, I got no new TV.

What does okuri-okami mean? Too lazy to google it.

Liz Dwyer said...

I love BBC. I think I was British in a past life. Graham Norton is so much funnier than most American talk show hosts.

and I am DYING for anew PR episode.

Jameil said...

yay for tv crack and let me get some more!! geez.

the joy said...

rashan- appaerntly youre too lazy to read the post either... the definition was in there. but it directly translates to "take-you-home wolf." but i love lost and i cant wait.

liz- i am never at a loss for what to watch as long as i have BBC.
i just watched the marathon of PR today... santino was a mess.

jameil- i heard the actors are striking in june. sigh.....

Adei von K said...

yeah, that law&Order SVU marathon was great!!! I really don't like CI though...

CSI Miami makes me vomit! before i knew horatio was made fun of, i couldn't stand him and his non poignant self. fake self assured with his skinny glasses and ish, talking from a side view and whatnot UGH!!