Tuesday, December 04, 2007

"fashion!

Turn to the left! Fashion! Turn to the right!" -David Bowie

Yeah, that's what its all about.
1. Mo and I are always strutting around the store. We have this funky CD called "midnight soul" (but its not based on the BET show) and we'll act a damn mess in there. Working our terrible ass uniforms, lol. Can't tell us nothing! You should have seen when I finished her hat/ scarf combo, looking like Ebony Fashion Fair.

2. Katherine Heigl. Stop! You're hurting em! Have you seen the new Vanity Fair cover? She is giving it to em old school. I mean, 60s style, complete with the big sun hat and fierce black and white. I feel like that era was best for curvy women. (and she is curvy. Not that Jessica Biel curvy- please- more like Lindsay was and is starting to get back to. I feel that her body is most like mine, if I had to compare it to a white woman's, because it certainly isn't like beyonce's) seriously, all the cinching and flair and silhouettes, everything was so fun looking! Its clearly my favorite.

My mom and I were watching "Bundle of Joy," in which Debbie Reynolds gets fired from her dept store job at Christmas, and through a series of events acquires a 1yr old baby. It was funny and cute and the clothes! This woman had on a calf-length, high-waisted, A-line skirt with a bolero style blouse. Gorgeous! I just wanted to reach into the screen and take that outfit. And the rest of the movie was just as hot. I'm starting to feel her love for old movies. I bought a book of old movie posters a while back. You can get the gist of the whole movie from the old ones, lol.

3. The Christmas party is in 2 Sundays. Woo! I'm going to wear all black. And be banging! I wish I had a dress to wear, but I have a rule that I don't like to wear dresses or skirts unless Kesi is there. I just don't wanna dance with anyone and run the risk of a malfunction... So I wear pants. The top will be the "sexy", and the bottom will be the "grown." the shoes will be the "you're taller than I you were before!" But I have these cute tights I'm itching to show off. Ah well. Yeah he's not going because A: he didn't really seem into it, B: he has to work the next morning, C: the girls are going clubbing after! Woo! Yes! Its cool. I'm starting to not need him to do stuff just cuz I want to. Everybody knows I got a man... I can show him off some other time. Lol.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Jameil said...

i love strutting, am obsessed with hats, perplexed as to how katherine fits in the definitiion of curvy, that skirt sounds divine except i can't wear calf-length bec. it'd make me look even shorter. what do these tights look like?