Thursday, November 01, 2007

This wek in joy's family:

Alyse and Mar and my as yet unmentioned cousin James (Alyse's bro) have moved out. Wah! I liked having them here even though they weren't comfortable here (living with someone, even if its family, when you are trying to get on your feet is not a comfy situation. You actually don't wanna get comfy, cuz then you'd have no motivation to leave. Right?). It was like when we were littler and would stay at each other's house, except most of us can drive now, lol. I miss lil munchie kins, my new best friend Shamarr! I'll have to call him later. I still gotta buy him a step stool so he can reach stuff. There are certain things he won't do "kiddie style" because he wants to do them like us, but also he can't reach them and I don't want him to get hurt. I'll see if I can find one with spiderman on it, lol.

I saw my cousin- another one, from my dad's side,
-on the bus last week. She was telling me about my cousin Ahmed's early release in CT. He's been in jail for a long time, for what I can't remember. So she tells me my cousin Jato (the two boys are my aunt gracie's. She's the one that just had a little girl, her 11th, a few months ago) has a MySpace page for himself and his three brothers, all of whom I grew up with and are integral to my being a tomboy (feel free to re-read this paragraph. Its a tangle of family members). So I figure it shouldn't be too hard to find them. How many people do you know named Jato? So I google them, and the first thing that pops up under my cousin Oronde's name? "bridgeport man pleads guilty to robbery of two rental stores." Ronde? Really? You robbed a rent-a-center? Sigh. The crazy thing is that it just happened, and I just happened to look him up... And it hasn't even made rounds through the family yet. But I am so mad and disappointed in him! We grew up together playing house and scraping our knees... I compare my dad's side of the family to that episode of the Simpsons where Lisa finds out all the men in her family are dumb and the women are smart. You don't get this shit from the women, this disposition toward fucking up. Sigh. I am so happy my brothers didn't turn out that way.

Speaking of, my brother and I are sitting in the bus right now headed to a job situation. Its not an interview per se, but we could meet some folks today. We look so professional. Me: charcoal grey slacks, black sweater with a belted waist, black and grey striped flats to tie it together. Him: a white izod polo with blue stripes and black "church pants" and black rubber soled shoes. He looks like a Mormon cuz he's wearing a bookbag. Lol! Was that religionist of me? But ya'll know Mormons be working the bookbags and business casual. *update: turns out that we went to the wrong place and wasted a friggin day. We could have accomplished more had we just jumped on the net, but we got bad info*

Oh yeah! Alyse got her due date! I'm so excited! I went to the doctor with her last week and heard lil Braylon's heartbeat and Shamarr and I were imitating it. That "wrr wrr" noise that actually kinda sounds like a barista machine. That was the first time I had heard something like that in real life and its pretty cool. There's someone LIVING in her! He's alive, and he's coming to a hospital near you! Actually near me... As many cousins as I have I've never had this experience and I think its neato. Anyways, if you want to talk to her about it, read her blog. Alyseshaunte.blogspot.com.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Jameil said...

armed robbery gets you put away for a long time. did you really imitate a heartbeat, tho? that is so sad.

the joy said...

Yeah they're trying to give him 7 years. He'd be in jail til he's 33ish. And I think he has a child...

Come on Jameil! I was intertaining a 3 year old at a doc office, trying to get him excited about his new brother. Is THAT sad? Hater! :p