Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thank you!

*said like my aunt Stacey, when her daughter took stage on the mantel and sang for us and would NOT stop singing! She said it loud enough to drown out the singing. Imagine.*

Today is thanksgiving. What an odd holiday. How until like high school, did we not connect the "trail of tears" to thanksgiving? "the Indians loved us then we made them cry so they went away." right...

Anyways my house has been smelling good for hours and I am hungry! Turns out, meat was not my problem. Seeing how I only really eat chicken and turkey... Anywho, I should cut back on starches. And um, I don't know if I can do that people! Doritos, french fries, my mom's potato salad, fried rice... Oh woe. I love starch! I have an issue with crunchy things. Must crunch! Seriously. I have to have something to seriously chew on. Some people do gum. I like Lays products. Because of that, I could never work for coca cola. Its in their rules.

But I totally went off on a tangent! What I really want to say is what I'm thankful for. I'll try to make a list of things people aren't usually thankful for, not the obvious things. You know?

*la, Kesi, breezy and bre. I love them. They keep me.

*renewed friendships

*craigslist. It will be how I find my new job, I'm sure.

*MTV reality shows. And while we're on the subject of TV, Graham Norton. If you have BBC America and aren't busy at 1am on Saturdays...

*the ability to make things with my hands. Used to be poetry, now its blankets and stuff.

*that this, my hardest year, is almost over.

*Jose cuervo black medallion tequila.

*spending the last week of 2007 not working.

*my blackberry, nicknamed "halle berry," "blackberry molasses," and "cherry berry muffin." (did anyone else have that doll?)

* turkey wings

*the fact that it hasn't gotten cold yet

*my ability to think absolutely crazy thoughts and to have friends to laugh at said thoughts

And lastly.....

*my readers. Few though you may be. I'm working on that, branching out and reading new and crazier blogs.

Have a great thanksgiving! Loves you!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

Fly Ty said...

Happy Thanksgiving...especially since you reppin for CT
(Hartford stand up)

the joy said...

lol im from the bridge, and im therefore going to hate on your hartfordness. BOOOOOO!!! thinks for stoppong by!

Adei von K said...

i remember the little miss muffin dolls!!!