Friday, November 23, 2007

Dear you:

What am I supposed to say? Seriously. I feel like, after Monday you have no respect for me. I'm sorry, maybe that is a little harsh for the first paragraph, but its true.

I'm the type to stop a person when I KNOW they're lying to me. Especially if it was something so trivial (to me) as what you were saying. You didn't have to continue, and so I stopped you. Maybe you got defensive cuz I caught you in a lie, but to curse at me and get buck at me (over a text message no less) was quite unnecessary. When this same situation was reversed, when we weren't as close friends as (I thought) we were now, I was like ok, you got me, and we moved on. Remember that?

I think I owe it to a person's conscience to let them know I know the deal. Why would I continue to let you lie to me? I know when I saw you again you'd offer this same info and I would know it wasn't true. And should I allow you to put more lies into the ether when I could stop you? Regardless about what. It wouldn't even be a big deal if you hadn't made it one. I thought it was funny, until you got beligerent. And its not the first time, I now recall, that you've done that when I've told you you were wrong. If you can't respect that I would come to you and tell you when I felt wronged by you, my friend; if you think that you're so above that, then I feel that you don't respect me. Cuz honestly, its not that serious. Everybody's wrong sometimes. I'm wrong a lot. And if I dared get mad every time someone said so, well then I'd be on my ass somewhere.

Maybe its your current issues. But you know what, I've been nothing but there for you. I've advised you when you asked; related to you; had your back when necessary. And you have done the same when I had the courage to let you in. This is hard for me as I have very few female friends, and lord knows I don't allow people to see me in a vulnerable state. But I did. And if you were anyone else, someone who I didn't care about I would dismiss this and NEVER speak to you again. But I'm not the one who did you wrong honey. Don't get pissed at me. Don't take my 2, and add his 8. Cuz I'm not to blame for that shit. Go yell at him for what I did, if anything. That makes more sense, especially since he's the reason what you told me was a lie, though you wanted it to be true.

So what do you want me to do? Seriously? I mean, I can't let you keep disrespecting me. I'm a grown ass woman. Too old to need people to like me. I really am. And since we're in the realm of this fictional letter to you, let me just say, I can take you or leave you.

Ball's in your court. Holla.

4 comments:

Adei von K said...

if its Barbie, leave her. too mnay issues. granted i'm not seeing the whole picture but just based on what you wrote, you don't need her. HOLLA.

Jameil said...

liars are wack. stace is right. and why do u know such messy folk? get em outcha life.

Ms.Lady said...

**deep breath in...aaaand...release it** very good...dont let non-sense stress you cuz...youve got waay bigger fish to fry.

the joy said...

Stace- no its not her. Its someone I can't just push away... They're gonna be around friends or not.

Jam- man, I don't know! I'm such a nice person, and I just collect these random fools!

Ms lady- woo sah... I really do. But I'm about to throw her in the pan too.