Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A quick history

Once upon a time there were two girls. Joy, and Barbie. We all know Joy. Barbie was a nice girl, if a little troubled. Joy and Barbie had been friends since middle school. Joy and Barbie had a tendency to date the same dudes, and despite this fact, they stayed friends. It was what they called a "non-issue," however important to this plot.

Joy was dating this guy she thought was great. They had broken up once and were now persuing a long-distance relationship. Meanwhile Joy and Barbie started to drift apart. After many years their goals became different. Joy tried to express this in a letter to Barbie but it didn't have the proper result, and Barbie stopped speaking to her.

One day, a few months later, the silent treatment seemed to be over. Barbie and Joy seemed better than before, and all seemed forgiven. They caught up with each other; Barbie mentioned that she was changing schools to better herself, and Joy was happy to hear it.

The day before Christmas break, Joy received a letter. Barbie said some horrible things to her and let her know what she really felt. "you're a liar. He says you two are broken up. You're a horrible person, delusional" etc. Barbie didn't know Joy hadn't heard from her boyfriend in a while (he was supposedly in jail which Joy still questions, but it is in the past, and what's done is done) and was extremely worried. And she had no way to talk to Barbie- she was already gone and away to her new school.

The inevitable happened- Joy and her boyfriend broke up. But she felt really betrayed by Barbie. There were things she said and felt without ever finding out if they were true, or sticking around to know the truth. And worst of all, Barbie took a 7 year friendship and used it to get revenge on a person she thought had stopped caring about her.

I never stopped caring about her. Even now, I wish her the best. She's married to my ex- I've mentioned this before- and they have kids together. I've accepted the fact that things happened, and they can't be changed. Life is what it is and I am happy with the way things turned out on my part. I even feel like I've forgiven her for hurting me so many years ago. Even more than the things I've mentioned here.

I know we're going to see each other again, and things will have to be settled. It almost happened a few months ago, and it scared me. I expected the worst. I never expected this:

Mutual friend: I'm good:) Barbie isn't interested in talking to (her ex who asked me about her) lol. She did say give you her number. I'd say don't leave a message though cuz it's her husband's phone and i don't know if he'd get an attitude-u know how he is lol

Me: Wow. She wants me to call her? I'm intrigued, lol.

Friend: Lol something about fixing old things

Me: I think I will call her. Honestly, I can say that I'm past things, but when an opportunity is given and I don't take it, then am I really?

To be continued...
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Jameil said...

interesting.

the joy said...

You're telling me. We talked tonight. Update soon.