Thursday, October 18, 2007

Get with it or get depressed

My baby cousin has so much energy. No one person can keep up with him. Its crazy. And he has a steel trap memory. Like, I already mentioned how in August he remembered I had a turtle after seeing it once in May. And he rattles off a list of birthday gifts he wants when he talks on the phone. And his laugh! Oh its infectious. He laughs like he's being tickled even at the littlest thing.

I look at him and he's so happy. And occasionally I remember why. He has no bills. The only thing he has to remember is to tell one of us when he has to pee. Everything is new. Everything is exciting. Yes, we as adults have a ton of shit to deal with and sometimes I envy his inncence. But that only lasts a split second and then he says, "let's get in the dark!" and we jump under the covers and pretend to snore. Even though he's my cousin (despite the fact that I have many, he's the first that I've felt like an adult around...) I can see what people mean when they say they relive youth through their kids. I know my cousin means it when she says he's her "bestest friend." he's probably brought her to a lot of new places. And you can get with it or be mad that you don't have it anymore. I choose option A.

I'm reading a new book! Yay! I'm really picky about books, much like music. I kind of have a loyalty to bands and writers, so I'm thrilled that Alice Sebold has a new book out. I picked it up today and then left it at work- brilliant!- but chapter 1 was so full of dimension that I know I'm going to love it. Her 1st book, "the lovely bones," is being made into a movie. Her second, "lucky," was a memoir, and I defy you not to be completely pissed off by page 11. Seriously. She remembers these details so vividly that you kind of cont want to read it but you can't stop. And the subject matter is one that would make you pissed off. But both books are great so here I go with the third. Pick it up while its on that 1st week sale.

I have this killer cramp in my leg. Of course it pops up first thing this morning when I have to work a 10 hour day... Not one of the ones where I went in at 5, or the 4 days I've had off since Wednesday. No... Needs a sitting down job! I remain diligent! I need to head to my campus and look at their student job board. Next day off, that's the plan.

My brother leaves in 5 days. Didn't get the chance to see him but we have been talking. He'll be in bootcamp for 3 months, then they'll send him off to whence ever. I saw on CNN that the marines want out of Iraq, and I'm all for that. I think, and he thinks, that it would be cool to go to Japan. I told him that a friend went and said he was the tallest one there. My bro is 6'1". So he'll be over people's heads for reals. My cousin crysta also lived there and she loved it. She modeled there while her husband was in the air force. Anyways, I wish and pray success and all the best for Jay. I would like to actually be able to hang out with lil bro one day.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: