Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Work dramas

*before I begin, can I ask... Are record stores going out of style? I never noticed that Atlantic Station has like no cd spots. And there are none near my job. And I been hitting up target for my joints. WTF? I just ordered Kanye and MIA online since I can't get to target to save my life.* anyways...

Work peoples, I tell ya.

*My other supervisor, not to be confused with the one I abhor, is really trippin on moms lately. First there's the woman who got me the job's daughter, who now works with me. The woman called asking for said manager. She wasn't there, but the woman proceeded to tell me why she was looking for her(I didn't ask). Apparently the daughter's son had thrush (what I had a few months ago with the yuck mouf) and she needed to take a day to be with him. When she came back to work, the manager allegedly said "frankly, I aint heard of someone getting thrush since slavery times." what? Shit... Let a bitch accuse me of lying on my kids and my mom might be calling up there too.

Then, the other day, another coworker's mom got into an accident, totalled the car, with her baby in the back. So of course she had to leave. Why when she left, the supervisor says "oh she's overreacting. Its not all that serious, yada yada." um, her 2 year old was in a car accident! Are you fucking joking? So needless to say she is tripping and we don't like the looks of it.

*This dude from engineering is having a "secret party," BYOB style. Why he had a sheet of paper, talking about write down what you're bringing. I was like "napkins." how are you trying to organize a secret BYOB? If its my B, what biz is it of Y's? Lol. And we didn't really decide if we were gonna go cuz its some other event popping, and when you work with hella young people you later hear, "ooh I heard what happened..." boo.

*i gotta appologize to la, sista toldja, and anyone else who was loving them some young ass Chris Brown. The new dude at my job is a lil 17 year old cutie. So fresh faced, lol. He has the same name as one of the members of New Edition, and sometimes I can't remember which one. So I call him Ricky, Johnny, Bobby, Ronnie. I know its got a Y sound at the end. So anyways, tonight we were talking about this woman who had NO THIGHS- ugh, I just don't get it. I think I was born with thighs. Never lost them- and I was like "damn that's you all day, Ricky Bobby." we roasted each other back and forth and he said I shouldn't be talking about people just cuz I got big thighs. Why you looking at my thighs youngin? Mmmhmm. Better have a seat.

*I made something for someone at my job and they only paid me half. I try to be nice cuz I clearly know you got a job, and I know they fucked up your check, but its been a month. And now you talking about balling out cuz its your birthday and shit, but can I get mine before you go? And don't come over here trying to chit chat cuz until you pay me that's all we got to talk about. Know that.

Gotta work on my resume...
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Jameil said...

never deliver the product until you get full pay. layaway baby. you can't afford to pay me, i can't afford to give it to you. since slavery times?? that part was most offensive to me.

record stores are being shut down by places like best buy and target & even circuit city which have cds at more reasonable prices. who's paying 13.99 or even 17.99 for a cd that's 9.99 at best buy/target? no one.

since you call him ricky bobby, also try out talladega nights (the ballad of ricky bobby). that will be great!

Adei von K said...

record stores are going out of style. most people have music on their ipods (or mp3) or phone or just download it onto their computers.

i LOOOOOOVE "If its my B, what biz is it of Y's?" it took me a while to get it and then it was HUH LARIOUS!!

La said...

Wow it took me so long to get that.

the joy said...

jam- i have learned my lesson!!! grr..

yeah but i cant get even one of those spots to buy a cd at? multipurpose centre my ass...

of course i got calling him ricky bobby from the movie. he doesnt find it cute, lol

stace- i like to have a cd on hand just in case my mp3 player goes wonky and i have to reload it with the songs.

glad you thought that was clever.

la- *pats you on shoulder* its ok...