Wednesday, September 26, 2007

North vs South

So I walked into starbucks in the middle of a heated convo monday. Apparently, Walter Lee, Ricky Bobby, Hartford and this other dude were arguing over which was better, the north (read, NYC) or the south. Since I had spent equal time in both regions, I was the tie breaker. I said...

The north. I mean, I love Atlanta, but its not as fast paced as the north in general. Its getting there. But the argument was so funny. It turned into a roast:

Fashion-
"why people up north wear timbs and boots?" I have no clue. Can anyone give me an answer? I've seen it and it really drives me nuts too.

"why do southerners wear thermals and shorts?" Tacky! I volunteered that one and also...

"slouch socks? Really?" I ended up getting a talking to about my pink and grey argyle socks. But those are fly, so...

"why do northerners wear bubble vests? Why not the whole jacket?" sigh.

Dudes really still wear FILAs down here. Why? Oh boo. Should we bring back BKs too?

Behavior and environment-
"east point and college park (south atl) are not the hood. 'Gang' members should not live in the suburbs. Stop it."

"you can't be a gangster dude with skinny jeans on." apparently new Yorkers are to fashionable to be hood.

"in the south we got trees and ish."

"if a new Yorker wants trees they can come to CT. We got all the trees."

"south got the best strippers." well, can't argue there.

Music-
"the best rapper out of new York right now is a 16 year old singing about lip gloss."

"she might be 16 but how old is Fabo singing about laffy taffy?" I had to concede that the south is better musically, but the good ones from the south are influenced my old school northern rappers, and lil mama is better that a lot of people out right now.

"nobody in Atlanta is doing "aunt Jackie," but if you go up north everyone is walking it out, and doing it so wrong."

"Jay-Z." an argument in favor of NY.

"camron." good point.

"but Juelz can get it. All day."

Eventually two other people who worked there came in and one offered this wisdom, "Houston is better than all that." BOO! I think we all recall lauren saying everthing in Houston shuts down at 2. And you dare compare that to "the city that never sleeps"? Gtfoh!

Misc-
My cousin texted and said north had better "greenery."

"ya'll don't got purp!" lmao!
That was the end of that argument.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

Jameil said...

first, you're from CT so you shouldn't even be allowed to say atlanta is slow. "its not as fast paced as the north in general"??? yeah right. ny may be fast but i don't know what else is. pittsburgh most certainly is not. i will never ever understand bubble vests. and lil mama one of the best out?? your whole argument dies based on that alone.

La said...

Obviously I'm absurdly biased, having lived both places, but really recognizing the true dominance of the south at this point in time in all things social. But a couple things...
there are DEF hoods in EP/CP you don't wanna fuck with. Don't let historic East Point fool anybody.

Why do people still wear FILA? No sir.

While Fabo is hilarious, he is not a good argument for musical talent in the south. Excuse me for a second though...
"Tatted upppppppppppp!!!!" hahaha

But for real, NY ain't got that purp. That is the deal breaker there.

La said...

Wait I forgot the most important thing...



Houston is better than NOTHING.