Tuesday, September 11, 2007

GWS

That's what I'm on. My Grown Woman Shit.

Thursday, the day I left my wallet at walmart, I did something even more daring.
I walked into the cute lil boutique and asked the lady if she was interested in my scarves and such.

Long story short, she liked my technique and said that if I could make some stuff to "fit the store," we'd talk.

I left feeling very good, and not only because I got a good response, but because I actually took the initiative to ask. I actually have confidence in my work, and I think it propels me mentally, and in this case, physically. So now my hustle is in full effect. Get at me while I'm cheap!

On a different note, I took some pix of two of my female friends, and while we were reviewing them we ran into some other pix of a male friend I have. One says, "ooh who is that? What's his myspace page?" I figure its a cute lil thing and I'm like, "if ya'll two get married, I did that, lol."

Why, since that day, have I had like a minute to minute update on their lil romance?

*should I send him a message?
*we were on the phone for hours last night.
*i really like him!
*we kissed!

Then she gives me this totally private note on some "should I give him this" type shit, and I was like you should have asked if you should give ME this cuz I'm not in your relationship. I'm 23, I have my own man, and you are really giving me high school right now. I'm on my GWS. Get on yours.

Today, my dad called my ma out the blue, but it ended up kinda being a good thing cuz she told him about my grandma and her kidney issue (but not about my brother going to the marines, because its not our fault he has no relationship with his son). So she asks, what are you doing, and he says "nothing, at work sitting here." and in the background mom hears "with his girl!" and my dad repeats, "with my girl." they continue the convo and lil chick is throwing her 2cent in until my dad goes, "damn do you wanna talk to her?" and chick's like no. At which point my mother is like, why don't you call me back later.

Bitch pah-leez! My mom already got 2 kids by this man and she's done on that level. So uh, why don't you and your young crazy ass have a seat. Yeah you may be a year younger than me, but you're acting real class of '08. Don't jump stupid when I call him to look at my car because remember, I'm #1. And as my boy Clarence used to say, "there is no #2."

*adendum to GWS: OWS. Old woman shit.*

I had this horrible pinched nerve type situation at work Sunday. My back/posterior connection was hurting and I could barely walk. So when we went to walmart, I used one of those scooters they have. Ugh. At first it was fun, but then I realized this thing might go .5 mph. I'm a fast walker. You know that Comcast commercial with the speed walker? Me all day. So I'm cruising hella slow, thinking how do old people do this, and was I really gonna try to get my grandma one of these? And it was all bad. One of my concerns with my bad back (did I tell you guys I have scoliosis? Yeah but I'm still sexy.) is that when I get preggy I'll need a wheelchair. I don't think I can cope with that ish.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Jameil said...

you should have asked if you should give ME this cuz I'm not in your relationship!! LMAO!! that is sooo 1997. get outta here! is your dad's gf really a year younger than you???

La said...

Still want me to rub your booty for you? Lol

the joy said...

Jam, yes, she's young, and she acts it. I don't believe in ageism, but she is a dumb kid from what I see.

La, since you're here... btw, yay!

Adei von K said...

acting real class of 08!!!!! LOVE!!!!! that's my sister!!!

get it joy, i'm proud of you!