Sunday, August 05, 2007

Quick question

Has anyone else heard of the Duggars? They're a Midwest family of 19. Oh yes. 17 kids this woman had. 2 sets of twins equals 15 births. I find that vagina/clown car statement to be a tad sexist, but geez and ouch!

Ok yeah my brother and I bring together 2 of the biggest families in CT- each of my grandmothers had 11 children- but that was back in the day. This woman had her most recent child last week. Look it up.

They have a reality series which I think shows what a genius the mom is. They rack up thousands in groceries a month, but if you can follow directions, you have a chore, even if its carrying a can to the pantry. These are the most naive/well mannered kids I have ever seen. They dress like amish people, and are home schooled. They even built their own house!

I don't know if the mom is gonna stop having children. She had a few miscarriages after being on birth control, and pledged to God that whatever kids He gave her she would be grateful for. 17 kids later, she is still grateful.

I thought about my own child birth goals. I would love to have 4, but I don't know what I'd do to stop after the fourth- maybe go abck on birth control? And what about "John and Kate," who had twins, then sextuplets! Stop the madness! That's scary. I would be happy with whatever I get. But I don't want to be like my aunt Gracie, who is pregnant with her 11th and due this month. Children are her career. Whew!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

7 comments:

Jameil said...

i'm going to vomit. multiple births look disgusting. more than 3 is so scary. and i have no desire to have more than 4 children.

Anonymous said...

I saw the show where they were building a house... with their own hands, as a family. That was so cool, and weird. But yeah, they're mormons, lots and lots of kids is their thing.

Adei von K said...

i saw them building their own house too! so efficient...

i'm sooooooooooooo good on anything more than three. if i get twins the 1st time around, its REALLY a wrap! i mean, unless God invents something else, i figure all you need is a boy and a girl. TWO!

Jameil said...

but why are stace and shani acting like birthing an army then making it work for you is soooooooo awesome!????????

shani-o said...

LOL! Cuz it is! It'd be different if they were having a bunch of kids and forcing the system to take care of them (think of all the black men that father children from 6 different women and then don't take care of any of 'em).

But these people chose to have a grip of kids and are not making anyone else pay for it!

That IS awesome!

Jameil said...

not only black men do that crap. go to arkansas. crawling w/unfed kids and dead beat dads. white.

that's not the point, tho. i just can't be excited about 17 kids in the 21st century. shudder. that ish is scary.

justmeReka said...

I agree with Shani 1. they are mormons trust they have mad kids period. 2. I think it's good ...she takes care of them. seriously to home school down to building their own house. That is def. a good look. I support!

for me I want 3 kids. but I'll take as many as I can afford!