Thursday, August 16, 2007

The best weekend evah.

Ahhh...

Saturday, I woke up at the crack of dawn. Ok, 830, but for a person who regularly wakes at 11, hits the hay at 2 at the earliest, this time is evil. Once again it was for my girl Taps, who I gotta have love for if I woke up early 2 weeks in a row to show my support for her (among other things).

So entyways (is it just me, or do you hate when people say "anyway" like that?), she picks me up- late- and we head to conyers I think. It was too early to pay attention to road signs. I did recognize it from the waffle house excursion when La came to town. Turns out this place is a financial planning firm or some such, but one of those places where the way to make real money is to get people to work under you. And maybe T hasn't heard my rants about how much I couldn't be that person. Or maybe she had and that's why she: 1) didn't tell me exactly what this company was and, 2) got Breezy and I to go under the guise of helping her decide if this was right for her. Naturally I declined the offer to join her cult (only semi joking here) but B said that if it would help her he would see if he could find some people to be on her team. Sweet guy, seriously. On the other hand, it is a place that offers a needed service, rather than noni juice or candles, which I have been asked to find interest in by my guests.

Anywho, after that she dropped me off at the kroger so I could get some wine. Lol its Saturday, gotta do what you gotta. Kesi met me there and we headed to the hotel which was near the house but felt a million miles away. The chick at the counter asked why I had the "friends and fam" rate rather than the "employee" rate, and then she gave me the employee rate, which was a nice 50% difference. Thanks girl, I owe ya!

We headed to the room and ate a lil Chinese. Yum. This weekend was all about comfort. In case you didn't know, the hotel I work for wins the comfy bed chalenge. If I had an extra $3000 I'd have one in my house ASAP. Kesi fell asleep while we waited our requisite hour before swimming. And snored. Its that good.

The swimming was fun and funny. The pool was indoor/outdoor so we worked our way outside. We were like two kids, lol. We were doing wrestling moves (I can pick him up underwater) and chased each other in slo-mo. We raced and did backflips and wiled out. When we went outside, it was funny, cuz things slowed down. We started talking, I mean, deep stuff. We talked about my mom's violent streak (more on that later) our big families, what we would or wouldn't let our kids do, why I'm a better swimmer, and other conversations you wouldn't usually have in a pool. We also took pix, which are on myspace, kids!

And then we fast forward... Lol...

Yo. That bed is so comfortable. Don't hate on the beds son! Its like sleeping on cloudy heaven. I actually woke up early! After being up for like 20 hours I woke up early! Then my ass went right back to sleep. Cuz I really don't do 8 am.

Sunday we checked out and tried to go to one of our favorite restaurants. Can you believe that joint was closed? For no reason, for only that day. Well since we're in East Point, we just decided to do the waffle house since there was a good one nearby. Once again the goofyness came out. If there's one thing Kesi can do its make me laugh. Love him for that. I can't remember what we talked about but I remember him saying someone followed us, and my laughing really loud.

We went back to his house and by this time it was devilishly hot. Oh my god Kesi lives in a sauna! It was so hot I got a stomachache. I kept leaving the room and changing clothes and putting towels on my head. It was hot in the kitchen too! He wanted me to help him make a beat(I'm not the musician in the family) and while I had fun I tried to excape to the kitchen cuz I couldn't breathe. The air was broken or something in the house. In my house, my mom has it on winter, so this is new to me.

I ended up spending the night and the only thing that kept me from melting to the floor was stillness and that big fan that suddenly started to see my side of the story.

And we will have part 2 tomorrow, with parties, home video, and bowling!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Jameil said...

are you trying to say you don't need noni juice?????? what on earth...????

vomit at waffle house! what is it w/you la and that place?!?! can i get up on the employee rate tho? i'm just sayin...

Madam DLBG said...

discounts are GRRRRRREAT!!

Hey, don't be hatin on the Noni juice...all my clients love my product!! ;-)

the joy said...

jam- no, i dont. people have been surviving without it for this long, including me. stop hating on the waffle house! and i have to actually be there in person to get the employee rate, so... whenever im in pa?

madam- yes, gotta love the discount. and im not hating on noni, although one of the representatives and i got into it cuz she said that "she doesnt offer juice, she offers opportunity," and something about dying without it. its a long story but she didnt wow me.

Jameil said...

i don't offer juice GIRL!!! i offer OPPPORTUNITIES!!! if that ain't a cult msg!! DON'T DRINK THE JUICE!!!