Saturday, August 18, 2007

Part two of this brilliant weekend.

Monday. We are really lucky I packed for an overnight like I was going away for a week, and I still had clean clothes to wear. My friend Bre was having a housewarming and was picking us up at 5ish. Yay! Party!

Kesi and I did more talking, this time over the shampooing he gave me. We discussed the fact that I worry about having our exes at our wedding (we were watching "engaged and underage" and the girl had slept with her bridesmaids and one of the groomsmen), and who would be in ours. He asked if a girlfriend of one of my friends was an option, and I said no, because she has issues with another friend of mine (to put it lightly) and would probably think she was being sabotaged. I also told him that if the boyfriend didn't come because of the fact that the girls didn't get along I would hate him forever. Its nice to have someone to talk to and be honest with. Glad we're on the same page about life. He also mentioned that I am crazy, but a type of crazy he could handle, and he appreciated that. He wasn't concerned that I would stab him in his sleep.

So anyways Bre came and got us and we helped him run errands. He played himself by pulling out of the lot of the wing spot, ready to head to subway, and the subway was 2 stores down. Oops!

Kesi was really hungry before the party, and we discussed whether or not it was rude to pick apart a sandwich that had stuff we didn't like on it. We both eat turkey sandwiches with just mustard, but Bre put a bunch of other stuff on the subs, including cheese (blegh). I said that I was taking the cheese off and grubbing, but Kesi said to take it apart would be rude, and he'd rather eat something else. What do ya'll think?

Anyway, Bre's house is really nice. Suprisingly roomy, although maybe that has to do with the fact that he and his girlfriend aren't packrats, cuz I think I'd fill the place up. I helped set up so they could get ready, which didn't take much, just plating everything and making sure the brownies didn't burn. And keeping Kesi from eating ALL the wings before anyone showed up. Luckily, Sean, Bre's friend, was showing him how to use "reason" music software, so they were in their own world.

The party was really fun. There will be pix of that soon on myspace. Lots of clowning, a Wii character which supposedly looked nothing like me, despite her genuine flyness, and videos and pix and crazy jokes. The boys decided to freestyle and I love when that happens. So that's on myspace too.

My friend Brandon was there. I have known him since 9th grade, and Bre has known him for longer. He's always been a fly dresser. I kinda forgot it was Monday until I saw him in his business gear. And this boy drives a Jag! Class of 02 do you! And its like champagne colored. You betta do it!

Fun fun. We managed to make it outside and head to the bowling alley. Kesi couldn't come cuz he was meeting another friend later that night. I spent my time before he left fake-crying. I really hate having fun without him. And Bre's cousin took him home and I had a slight jealousy moment. An, "I don't know this b..." moment, but I had to let that go lest people think I'm crazy.

Whoo, I suck at bowling! But I had fun. My arm hurt til Wednesday, but, well, that's cuz I suck. And I wasn't the only one who was bad at it. Most of the time was spent clowning anyway. There was the arrival of "lil Joy," cuz she's a tad shorter than me, and the jokes of, "hey Joy, haha, they both looked!" but we take it in stride with the special people. Also, I noticed that Sean looks like mos def. And he sings? How is he single? Any takers? He's a nice guy. I need more female friends.

So Brandon wiped the floor with us. His score was 3x mine. Let him come around the baseball field though, I'm all over that. Lol so we said our goodbyes and decided that we should kick my ass in bowling again soon! Yay! Coincidentally, my boy Niko lives right near me, and was nice enough to give me a ride home. We talked about life, and work, and another Joy who mistook me for. He was asking me about stuff he thought I was doing, and for a second I thought maybe I did and just forgot, lol. He sounded so confident about it, lol.

Tuesday, back to work! Damn... I was not ready. But I did decide that I'm gonna work on my resume and try to find a job in my chosen field. Anywhere in my chosen field. I just gotta get in the building. Any advice? I read Jameil's interview entry, and she forgot one: don't bring your homeboy to the interview, especially if he's in a tank and jeans, lookin like Tre Songz. Yes, it happened. Dude got the job, but I think it was because he was 17 and maybe didn't know better?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Jameil said...

you don't always bring your friends to job interviews?!!? ridiculous. i really don't know how you've ever gotten a job.

the girl had slept with her bridesmaids and one of the groomsmen... i saw that one. i didn't understand how that relationship was supposed to work. picking apart sandwiches may or may not be rude but if there's tooo much stuff... i probably wouldn't eat.

the joy said...

jameil, i have not bought anyone to any interview except me. especially not in a tanktop. seriously. do your friend justice.

me niether. ok, mentally you may still be attracted to women, but uh, your married, so you shouldnt consider yourself bi anymore, cuz you should only be having sex with the one guy...

Jameil said...

i just read the first part of what i wrote.... LMAO!! oh its so good to be able to crack yourself up. that girl was smokin something. she was like, i can still be with girls as long as he's around. THAT IS NOT MARRIAGE DUMMY!!

La said...

Bitch.