Thursday, August 23, 2007

10 Things I Like About Myself

Thank you Lauren. I had a bit of trouble finding 10 concrete things I like about myself, but I think I did a good job.

1: I am honest.
Ok, yeah it gets me into trouble, but I'd rather be in trouble for telling the truth than lying. I try to be tactful about my honesty, but people know now to expect that I'm gonna say what I feel. I have a policy that a person shouldn't ask a question of me if they aren't prepared to hear the answer. I like to keep my spirit clean, so honesty really is the best policy.

2: I love to laugh.
Sometimes I can't complete a sentence for the laughter I feel boiling up in me. Also, sometimes I risk getting myself in trouble for almost laughing at people at work. We spent Monday night giggling and annoying our supervisor... What fun.

3: I love completely.
Once I love you, you're done for. I mean, I'll do just about anything for you. And this is not just people who I have dated because I've only loved two of them, but really I'm talking about my friends. People think I'm a lil nutty cuz I refer to Lauren as my "life partner," but she's been there through half of it and I know she's there for me and I'm there for her.

4: I'm sexy.
Not in that way where I have to try, but in that way that's confident and natural. I'm cool in my own skin. I have the picture of me in my bathing suit as my wallpaper on my phone. I wish the world could see me in my bathing suit! Lmao... I seem to attract older men, lol, which I think is gross, but that's probably cuz I'm smooth...

5: I'm open minded.
I like to see people who are just as confident in their own skin as I am. I like to listen to them and agree or disagree, but really know where they are coming from so that I can respect them. I believe that a person's opinion is theirs as long as it comes from an honest place.

6: I'm a deviant.
Lol when I found out that word just meant "someone who goes against societal norms and mores", I realized that its pretty cool to be one. Deviants are the type of people who end up changing the world and challenging things that aren't the way they should be. My deviance isn't anything too flamboyant, maybe just my red hair and my style, and a few things about my life, but when I look at people who stand out in a crowd I can relate to them.

7: I'm neurobic.
Whoo, look at that SAT word! I exercise my brain. Reading, writing, I like to sing though I wouldn't like to do it in public ever again, the crocheting thing is really giving me an outlet, etc. Apparently this adds years to your life.

8: I too am a wealth of pointless info.
But I also am a wealth of useful information. People ask me to add things for them, how to spell stuff, what the news is of the day... I'm pretty smart. I try to write things down cuz I have a ridiculous memory. Names I suck at, but I know that if Hilary Clinton were to be elected president, we'd be the 51st country to have one. Look, you're learning!

9: I'm domestic.
I can cook, and sew and I am very handy. I wouldn't mind being a housewife. I think I'd do a good job. I genuinely enjoyed home ec: peanut butter cookies and doughnuts, learning to make pillows... I also had a good time in "industrial arts" aka shop class. Picture frame for my grandma, making my own screw drivers, that wood block puzzle I wish I still had. Ya girl is good with a saw. We even made our own stage set in 12th grade drama. Remember, drama class is always mostly girls, so I have tons of pictures of my class using power tools like a feminist construction company.

10: I'm a nerd.
Ok, actually this should say "geek." I'm easily excitable, and coming up is my favorite time of the year. Dragon Con! The biggest sci-fi, comics, video game and book convention in the world, right there in Atlanta! How do I fit in? Great shopping for things you can't find at the mall (got an awesome aqua teen shirt for me and Thundercats for Kesi), famous people ("your favorite sci fi stars of 2007"), and the funnest group we ever have, wearing costumes and ODing on redbull. James Marsters will be there and I'll be armed with a camera. What else makes me a geek? I'm one of those people who knows lines from my favorite TV shows and gets mad when people pretend to be into a genre when they only know the most obvious thing about it. I embrace it! It wouldn't be a normal day without someone looking at me crazy.

And I am gonna tag... Stace, shani, and CP, in the hopes that he actually. Gets into this blog thing. :D
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

La said...

we are so life partners. and soul mates!

shani-o said...

Mmmm ok... I'll work on this...